Was it the old rectory? Will ask my husband as he was manager there when it opened under a new name

Yes I was right. Do you remember Eddie, he was the chef, married to Emel. They eventually had a kebab place on Parliament st. Luigi was head waiter he now has La Capanna in sherwood.

The only Luigi I remember had an Italian restaurant on Lower Parliament St. In Pullman's old building, near the bus depot. He had a fondness for drinking wine in copious amounts whilst he cooked in the hot kitchen and became somewhat ratted by the end of the evening!

• Upvote 1

This is the entrance to Blotts as it is today. Unfortunately Streetview don't show the building itself. It's located at the end of Adbolton Lane and you can only go a short distance further eastwards to Holme Pierrepont Hall (off to the right) after this point.

blotts1.jpg

And it looks like this from above.

blott2.jpg

• 4 years later...
On 11/03/2016 at 10:45 AM, philmayfield said:

I'm sure it was The Old Rectory. Used to dine there regularly many years ago. Seem to remember it being at the end of a lane at Holme Pierrepont.

What is this place now? I worked there from its opening to closure.