1 hour ago, denshaw said:

The house next to the playing field was owned by Jacky Pownall.

I don't know about that Den.  There may even have been two houses on that lot.  I'm not sure.  It was quite a big lot and he had a place at the side nearest the old rail line that he used as an office if I remember correctly.

• 5 months later...

Carni, if you (+ Sue and Lizzie? ) want  to go to this, we could probably make it as well .... anyone else?  We could meet up somewhere earlier in the day?   PM me?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, LizzieM said:

I’m sure you’d enjoy going to our old school Margie.  

Sure would, Lizzie, although I might get emotional!   

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

And the house immediately right just after the bridge was where my friend David Torr lived. His family owned Torr's coaches which were stationed in netherfield. My school All Hallows always used them for weekly trips to Carlton le forum baths.

Very interesting CliffTon. Thanks for adding it to Nottstalgia for us. In pictures of Gedling, I always look for the church to get my bearings, and there it is...I can even see our old school, plus the dreaded grass bank that the newbies used to get rolled down. the estate and other land marks. Quite a veiw as well of further afield.

• Like 3