• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think they mean leg ends.

I watched the game on Sky yesterday evening and it was quite enjoyable, Vaughan is a good little player, 'mid-field general' is I think the term used, LOL.   Admit that I kept nipping over t

Football is a simple game...........played in the main by simple people............these Managers that go round being set on by different clubs then being paid off in 'millions'.......are a disgrace t

Just heard it from a friend of mine. Hardly surprising. Far too inconsistent. He talked a good talk though.

• Upvote 1

Definitely far too many very serious long term injuries, and the usual selling of our best players at the end of last season.

• Upvote 1

The owner has no clue. But in this world money buys you the right to own tradition, history and community. My only hope from him is that when he inevitably sells he leaves us debt-free. I expect mediocrity while he is around.

• Upvote 2

It's increasingly looking that managing Forest is a poisoned chalice.

They're talking about Nigel Pearson or Nigel Clough taking over, but I imagine that neither would want to be the scapegoat for the owner's stupid decisions - no matter what the pay might be.

I agree that there should be some mechanism with the governing bodies in football to stop wealthy idiots taking over and using clubs as their playthings. There's plenty as evidence of clubs going to the wall because the major shareholder has mis-managed them, or simply sucked them dry.

• Upvote 1

I think Forest are now becoming a little unmanageable. When you look at the two possibilities above in post #8 Nigel Clough and Pearson are both very capable managers in their own way but could you tip them (or anyone at the moment) to be a success at Forest?

I feel pretty certain that the owner gets involved in team matters, indirectly if not directly.Forest's problem isn't so much this or that manager but rather the ownership of the club.

There seems to be no operating cash. Forest have had as many appearance in the courts recently as home games. Facetious but you get the point.

Not a common opinion I've noted among Forest supporters but I've always believed Nigel would be a good 'fit' for Forest. He can work on a budget and has some solid virtues. I'm almost hoping he doesn't get the shout now though because he will be another one walking out of there in a few months with his reputation shattered.

Regards Dougie Freedman, I think he can count himself unfortunate and I have some sympathy for him. Forest's financial situation makes them uncompetitive at the top of the table. In some ways he has been the architect of his own downfall though with his over-reliance on stodgy, uninteresting defensive football - even now when Forest have been relatively safe in the table. I wouldn't pay good money to watch that and I note the crowds are down. Bottom line, it's the kind of football that will kill the game in the long run.

• Upvote 1

Nottingham Forest are in a mess off the pitch as well as on it. Forest have just escaped being wound up for the 5th time in around two years and there were reports that the players were late being paid. On the pitch, Forest have been playing some poor football which has resulted in the fans staying away. On Saturday a lot of the fans walked out early and many of those that stayed booed Forest off the pitch. It seemed to me as though Freedman had lost the dressing room and the players just weren't playing for him. OK, Forest have suffered with injuries this season but they have 27 players in the 1st team squad so this can't be used as an excuse. If the squad players can't go on and do a job for Forest then you have to ask why were they signed in the first place. There's a lot of speculation about who the next manager will be and it's vital that we get the right man. We have to get a manager who the players will respect and give everything for. It's rumoured that the new man wil be a former Kuwaiti national manager who is currently Head Coach at Kuwait SC. Just what we needed, I don't think.

There's a lot of speculation about who the next manager will be and it's vital that we get the right man. We have to get a manager who the players will respect and give everything for. It's rumoured that the new man wil be a former Kuwaiti national manager who is currently Head Coach at Kuwait SC. Just what we needed, I don't think.

That sounds like an absolute disaster in the making. I recall when the owner and his family first came in and took over Forest and they wanted to/ brought three Kuwaiti players over with them, ridiculous. I think the writing was on the wall from the beginning.

If they weren't rich nobody would entertain them as owners. They have nothing else to offer.

I agree, Stu. When we first learnt that a mega rich Arab was coming to take over at Forest we were ecstatic, another Manchester City in the making. How wrong we all were. But, who knows what lies ahead? I'm the sort of person who never concedes so I'll live in hope that it all comes good for Forest.

• Upvote 1

Oh no, this is turning into a nightmare.

You may as well throw David Pleat into the equation too.

He'd still do a better job than the previous seven incumbents.

Forest are playing away at Hull tonight. A win for Hull could see them go second from top in the Championship. Hull should have scored early on when a dreadful mistake by Mancienne allowed Hull to get a clear shot on goal from inside the box. The ball came back off the foot of the post and Forest were very lucky not to go a goal down. However, a Forest attack saw the ball laid off to Gardner out on the right flank. He took a touch and hit a tremendous shot from way out of the penalty area. The ball flew into the top right hand corner with the Hull keeper making a vain effort to touch the ball away. One of the best goals you'll see this season. Could this be Forests night? Well, it's half time so we're half way there. C'mon you Reds!

Oh dear, Hull have equalized through Aluko in the 73rd minute.

Hull 1 Forest 1. I suppose that a point away to Hull is a good result for Forest so well done you Reds.

• Upvote 1

I agree Michael. A good away point.

• Upvote 1