He once managed Glasgow Rangers....... That's good enough for me !

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Think they mean leg ends.

I watched the game on Sky yesterday evening and it was quite enjoyable, Vaughan is a good little player, 'mid-field general' is I think the term used, LOL.   Admit that I kept nipping over t

Football is a simple game...........played in the main by simple people............these Managers that go round being set on by different clubs then being paid off in 'millions'.......are a disgrace t

Bye bye seems appropriate. Although we had 16 shots to their 1, and well over 60% of the play, I don't think there was a lack of effort.

Another wasted year with no progress whatsoever. How many times have we endured that over the last two decades ?

Merry (money) go round again.............i fail to believe that there is NO Manager with local roots that can't do a better job for Forest.......someone who cares about Nottingham and takes pride in Forest and its history..........also believe we could have a squad of players from local teams who would be a match for all the big money foreign players,

I know i'm living in dreamland,........but i watched an under tens game couple of weeks ago.........Vernon colts v Long eaton colts.......some great little players amongst them,

• Like 2

My dream team as management would be O'Neill and Keane.

if the rumours about discipline issues within the team are true, I bet that those two, Keane in particular, would soon sort them out. Even if it meant knocking a few heads together.

If the players are not pulling their weight on the pitch it is about time some of them were sacked as well. The amount of money they get is ridiculous in the first place and if they don't work effectively get rid. You didn't last long where I worked if you didn't earn your keep.

Gravy train - get sacked, get compensatory pay-off, wait until another club comes along, daft enough to offer a job. Whoever Forest get will probably have been sacked from his last club won't he? Not that I'm remotely interested. 

Yes, and whose money is contributing to the pay off ? The fans ! 

Here we go again, it's just like a roundabout at the Goose Fair.

I agree with Ben, sack the underperforming players and build a squad with a core of local/UK players even if it involves relegation for a few seasons.

It might even help the England team if this happened with more clubs by having two or three players from a club that a team could be built around

Get a manager with a real passion for the club and let him manage.

For me real football died when the "stupid money" from the media came in. The odd game that I have watched live is so negative that as an ex season ticket holder I would not be sitting there on a freezing cold day watching that rubbish.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I agree with TBFH, a base salary with a win bonus it also might remove some of the negativity in the game.

What about a salary cap for each club which includes all registered players, this would limit the ability of the super clubs to "purchase" a championship.

Stupid salaries to the players has not improved the performance of the England team.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, the billions being spent on football here by the TV companies, led by Murdoch, the "dirty digger", have led to this situation where money over-rides anything else.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When Cloughie first took over, and assembled his all conquering squad, they were on a relatively low basic salary, but with a very high win bonus. Look at the results. It paid handsome dividends.

The worst thing that's happened to English football is the ridiculous  Bosman ruling, and the totally unnecessary and gimmicky Premier League. No loyalty from players whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 31 December 2017 at 5:02 PM, Rob.L said:

My dream team as management would be O'Neill and Keane.

Is Keane on board yet? 

Caption time "Oi you, yes you, you useless b#stard" 

"Potatoes, potatoes, potatoes, potato" 

Dw5w87cWwAEFQAH?format=jpg&name=small