ello everyone

Thanks for having me on here with you

I left nottingham in 1976 and now live in Perth WA , this is a very entertaining site and I am glad I found you all

I have a good life over here but it is nice to get back in touch with where I came from

and I hope I have put this message in the right place

regards

• Upvote 3

HELLO everyone I left nottm 40 years ago and now live in Perth WA . it is good to read some of your great topics and I have started to join in with a few of them

hope to catch up with you all online soon

regards

ps I hope this is in the right place LOL

• Upvote 1

Hi Morton40

Welcome to the Forum, I particularly enjoyed your posts about the ROF. Look forward to more.

I am a 10 pound Pom as I left Notts in 1975 and now in Adelaide.

Soon be enough Nottstalgians here to have a Down-Under meet up

• Upvote 5

Morton40

Welcome from me, I too left Nottm and blighty 28 years ago and now call Australia home, we have lived in Melbourne, Newcastle but Perth for many years, Ocean Reef, Mindarie, Jindalee to name a few suburbs.

Our kids and grand kids still live in Currembine, Tapping and Mindarie, and our eldest son and four more grand kids and great grandson live in the UK still.

We currently have been traveling full time in our RV for last 4 1/2 years but are currently back in WA in Mandurah. If my wife has anything to do with it we will be settling down again soon maybe, probably back in WA.

Where are you ?

Hope you enjoy the memories here and have meany to share.

Hi Banjo48

We have been very nomadic wandering from landing at Perth airport in Feb 76 and being stunned by heat and flies and customs officers wearing shorts :-). and then moving up to Darwin Harvey Bay Qld and even Canberra for a few years and now back in Roleystone. Our son Lives in Canberra with his wife and our one and only Grandchild. I am amazed at the memories that are floating around in my head from some of these topics

Welcome to the Forum - yes as you read posts it is amazing what memories it brings back

Best wishes

Peter

Hi Mortton40 and welcome. Oztalgian - There must have been quite an exodus from Nottingham in 75/76 on the £10 ticket. 5 couples we knew (all cyclists) went. We were going to go but my application was turned down at the 11th hour due to medical probs. We visited our £10 pom friends a few years ago and they had all done very well for themselves. Perth, Adelaide and Canbera.

Hello Morton40, hope you'll keep posting on Nottstalgia and enjoy reliving some of your memories

Welcome Morton. Small world this has become. Have relatives in oz and a friend in Perth who was a journalist Claudia Bertorello on network ten. Her relatives live near us in our village

Welcome Morton,

I left Nottingham (Radford) in December 1964 as a 10 Quid Tourist and lived in Adelaide until 1983 when I got transferred to Melbourne.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Cheers

I live in Piemonte Morton. Asti spumante country. Havent heard from or about Claudia for a long time. Last heard when she got married and again when she had a child. Didn't know she was into design but years of not hearing about her things do change.

Welcome Morton,

I left Nottingham (Radford) in December 1964 as a 10 Quid Tourist and lived in Adelaide until 1983 when I got transferred to Melbourne.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Cheers

i was a Lenton Boy and went to Margaret glen bott

Looking at your profile Morton my ex bosses daughter went to Margaret Glenbott. Her name was Mary Davison, just wondered if you knew her. I know you probably dont but shes about your age

• 3 weeks later...