British Summer Time Begins (or Ends)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At My Age Do I Want The Clocks To Go Forward?

Compo, you're weird! (In a nice way..)

It's certainly TIME we finally abandoned this ludicrous ritual once and for all.

• Upvote 1

Allegedly it benefits all 'North of the Border'............................as do most things decided 'South of the Border'........... isitsafe

• Upvote 1

THE UK has been reminded that the clocks go forward or possibly back, this Saturday or maybe the Saturday after.

The biannual ritual, which corrects time for the benefit of the ever-grateful farming community, will give everyone an extra hour in bed, or possibly an hour less.

A spokesman for Greenwich Royal Observatory said: “Frankly we’re sketchy on the specifics.

“You think we’re a bunch of people who look like Kraftwerk, sitting in a clock-covered spaceship that is calibrated to the last nano-second.

“Actually it’s a rented room above Greenwich Wetherspoons and we drink heavily through boredom.

“We advise boozing a lot on Saturday evening to avoid the jarring sensation of time dislocation, ideally blacking out before 1am.

“Wait until you’re properly pissed before changing the clocks. Use the alternating method – one forward then one backward and don’t be afraid to do the same clock twice.

“Set the telly to ITV+1 so you’re not spun out when you wake up, and if any device updates its own time it is the devil’s tool and should be smashed with a hammer.

“But it’s all up to you really, do what you want.”

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/science-technology/clocks-go-either-back-or-forward-this-weekend-or-next-weekend-2014032885150

• Upvote 3

Our Vicar is always complaining about her excessive workload. A few weeks ago she announced that there will be a 6.00am service on Easter Sunday morning. This is something new. When she planned this I wonder if she realised that this was clock changing day! A bit of an own goal here! In GMT time she will need to get up very early. Great lack of rest. Wicked!

• Upvote 1

About bleddy time!

I'm sick of dark evenings.

At least I'll be able to see the rain for longer..... :jumping:

Col

• Upvote 3

Yes, it must be the start of British Summertime..... it's just started to rain.

• Upvote 1

Every year when British Summer time starts I am reminded of Sunday March 24th. 1961, the clocks went forward on that day too. Unfortunately my Driver & I were rostered on duty at 2.47am. the day started badly when we both put our clocks forward on going to bed on the Saturday evening so getting up at 12.30 am instead of 1.30. 1 hours sleep lost! and my 45 min. walk to work started at 3am. where we both got reprimands for being late on duty. Usually, apart from the unsocial hour start, this was an ‘easy turn’ working the Royal Mail to Lincoln St. Marks, take a couple of parcel vans across to Lincoln Central, return and stable the Mail coaches, put our 8 coaches into the platform, turn & water the engine & back on the train by 6.30am. not due away until 8.30 so ‘snap’ and head down for an hour! NOT so this time, they had been ‘off the road’ at Central so it was 8am. by the time we got our snap, ready to GO back to Nottingham with the ‘Hikers train’ at 8.30! & back on Nottm. Loco by 9.45. 2 hours short of our 8 hour shift (=14hours in the wage packet!) NO choice, an early finish meant nearly 1.30 mins. less in the wages! A bit rough this, we’d done our normal work, the ‘extra’ work at Central, ‘lost 2 hours sleep’ and now short in the wage packet! Yeah, I’ve heard it before “It’s the job, Gerron we it!” but this time there was a sting in this tale, Sunday was counted as the first working day so we didn’t get paid for this shift until April 5th., on April 1st the “Graduated Pension Scheme” was introduced and we were deducted the maximum weekly contribution of 5.1d.( 25 ½ p.) %*$@ etc!

• Upvote 2

Not here it isn't!

You've missed some appointments with your Therapist hav'ent you Colly..............lol.

• Upvote 1

Or he's overdosed on his medication.

• Upvote 1