British Summer Time Begins (or Ends)

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At My Age Do I Want The Clocks To Go Forward?

Compo, you're weird! (In a nice way..)

They said that my clocks should go back the other day but I can't remember where I got them from! 

• Like 3

Keep it, change it, doesn't really bother me. I've said before I'm up at the crack of lunchtime come what may and shall continue so to do.... So there,  ;)

• Like 1

I always keep my garage clock at BST It is one of those that runs backwards so it is just as easy to read in BST as it is in GMT, since you have to convert the reverse hands mentally anyway.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Compo said:

I always keep my garage clock at BST It is one of those that runs backwards so it is just as easy to read in BST as it is in GMT, since you have to convert the reverse hands mentally anyway.

Compo, you're weird! (In a nice way..)

• Like 4
  • 4 months later...

I've re built motorbikes from scratch, repaired clocks, built my own radios and hifi amp. Built computers and repaired them and achieved numerous technological feats I am proud of, but I have never managed to set the clock on the cooker once. It is a source of great shame and embarrassment for me but I confess it here.

• Like 3

The last cooker I bought had its clock left un-set by the fitter. I tried once to set it. Gave that up and now use the radio controlled clock on the wall to tell me the time.

I went to check the clocks in our cars and they hadn’t advanced but it was a simple matter to do it. I went on line to see others’ experiences and discovered that they would have changed when the engines were started. As they are part of the sat nav I suppose I should have expected that.

Lizzie, it was a cartoon about clock changing... sorry it's messed up your Facebook - hope it will get sorted.

ADMIN

COULD THE LINK BE DELETED ASAP PLEASE

Thanks Den for sorting out my rogue link.

but what about the link in the quote (Lizzie's post) I think that needs to be deleted, too

Our new ovens both have clocks.  I spent a long time trying to get them both reading the same time... to the minute..  I failed.

So, now they are both still wrong, but by 1 hour and a couple of minutes.. instead of a couple of minutes.

When I have a few hours to spare, I'll try to sort them..  :)

What a great day to be back in Bulwell, first day of summer,lovely sunshine greeted us (cold and raining when we left Malaga) already had lots of ay-ups,from kids and Grandkids,.......Bulwell Bogs undersells it self..........can't wait for me Wethers breakfast tomorrow....anyone about ?