The photo is actually a couple of years old. But things haven't got any better.

Back to the Guildhall........earlier this year I was poking around in the back yard there, and this is just inside the entrance on North Sherwood Street.

guildhall_zps3p95danc.jpg

First time I was there, this old notice was on one of those blue doors. On a later visit, it had gone; souvenir hunters out already.

guildhall1_zpsiw0r8me0.jpg

Only one visitation there for me, but I've no recollection of what the vehicle was. Blurred vision !  LOL

Mine was the result of an inconsiderate island jumping out in front of me, and confusing me after the odd beer or two. 

• Upvote 1

I've seen worse I suppose. 

I spent some time working in a "glass" building. Hated it. Only a few years old, leaks like hell when it rains, perishing cold in winter, stifling in summer (no air con). Couple of years ago, a large section of glass fell into the communal area of the building. It was pure chance that no one was killed or seriously injured but, of course, it meant the whole structure was suspect. Waste of money. Let's go back to wattle and daub. It's warmer, environmentally friendly, tons cheaper and, most important of all, I like it!  :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

#1 Clifton,..............lovely old building,but have bad memories there,..........paying maintenance 30 shilling a week in the late 60s.........and being bound over to keep the peace in 1960 in the sum of £40................and I was really the injured party in both cases (well I reckon I was)....lol.

AW don't be like that Jill.............I was really innocent,...........I got beat-up defending a girls honour...........then the next night I slapped his mate about cos he was much smaller than me..............the maintenance was a different story,but again I was innocent........still got the letter,when she called it quits for £50 in her hand..............£50 was a lot of doe ray me back then..........bless her lovely girl,........hope we friends again Jill ?

• Upvote 1

#40/1

Hope you both had the nous to plead insanity!

I was a regular visitor to the cells myself for a few years and spent a lot of time in Court...with me shorthand note book! Don't remember seeing either of you two!

;)

I also spent a lot of time in court Jill............and some really funny times,..........gonna right a book one day........about my Store Detective days..........memorable people...........especially the lifters...........some mad and bad,but most very funny but sad...........

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...
On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:07 PM, benjamin1945 said:

#1 Clifton,..............lovely old building, but have bad memories there,..........paying maintenance 30 shilling a week in the late 60s.........and being bound over to keep the peace in 1960 in the sum of £40................and I was really the injured party in both cases (well I reckon I was)....lol.

I used to work for Healey and Smith Solicitors in the late 60's and regularly attended court - the Guildhall brings back memories.....

• 2 years later...

Nottingham Guildhall my Grandad passed away just before I was born, but my claim to fame is that he had a heart attack and died on The steps of the Guildhall. Thought there might have been a Plaque some where near the steps. Have looked but can't see one.