My username is Bri but my real name is Brian, I bet you intelligent lot have worked that out already.

I am not from Nottingham itself, but from a village called Langar, but Nottingham was for nights out, and an escape from slow village life in the 60s, 70s and 80s.

I am now retired, but used to work as European salesman for John Deere.

I married a French woman who still works for Air France as a senior first officer.

please be gentle with me, as I am new here, but over the last few weeks, I have been looking at the forum and have grown to like it.

Bri

• Upvote 13

Hello Bri, I used to live in Langar, from 1968-75, on Musters Rd, next to Hill Farm [the Page's]. There is another member on here called MELTON STILTON who grew up in Langar and also lives in France. He's 59, according to his bio, don't know if you would be there the same time as he was?

• Upvote 1

Bonjour mon ami.... Welcome Brian. I'm certain there's lots on here to interest you.

• Upvote 1

Hi Bri welcome to NS. until now I hadnt realised that there are a few that live in my direction albeit a bit far for a coffee morning chat. Enjoy the site

• Upvote 1

Bri.. welcome.

Just one thing....

Err, you do know that France is full of.. err... French people?

Do you know they have Mayo on chips and call them 'Frites'.

Please be careful,,,

Col.

;)

• Upvote 1

I thought it was only mad ozzies that had mayo on chips ! yuk. Mind I am becoming a little partial to garlic aeoli as a dip.

• Upvote 1