Inward or outward opening back door?

• 5 weeks later...

Well the new back doors been fitted a few days & the cat uses his cat flap. He stood there staring at it on the first day but finally got the the hang of it after I'd been putting my hand through it a few times..

• Upvote 2

Nahh, I won't ask, there's got to be a silly answer to that one...

• 2 years later...

My doctors have 2 automatic doors, 1opens inwards and 1 outwards. Always catch me out can never remember which is which, usually meaning a quick jump backwards. On the way out think I have it sussed but it is the other way round so same thing again. Must be an age thing!

• Upvote 1

I have lived in 6 houses, all with inward opening back doors. Youngest daughter just bought an old (1840's) cottage and it has outward opening doors. Still can't  get used to it, much entertainment to the young un...

My dad worked for the company that erected the prefabs on the Beechdale Estate immediately after the war (Simms Sons & Cooke Ltd)

They all originally had back doors that opened outwards but following complaints from the residents and the council they had to return and modify them to open inwards.