If it is the same family as Philip Soar, they lived on Bramhall Road which runs between Bilborough Road and Hanslope Crescent. I was at Bilborough Grammar School with him. Although he was in the year above me, we both attended the Railway Society on Thursday nights. I believe he is now a millionaire.

This soar family were mostly girls, no brothers, I don't think. There was a pamela and a marilyn, cant remember the others. I'm sure at least one of them went to John player school.

This soar family were mostly girls, no brothers, I don't think. There was a pamela and a marilyn, cant remember the others. I'm sure at least one of them went to John player school.

I knew Pamela at John Player School !!

• Upvote 1

There was a Soar bros, trading on Sneinton Market fruit and Veg Merchants...........for many years......

Pamela soar, yes. Did she have sisters? We lived on highwood avenue for a while and i remember the name being mentioned by my mum. Funny the things we remember.

• Upvote 1

Who would have Soar for a surname! We lived on highwood till about 1971, I think. One of the soars married, think she still lives in the area? Don't know what happened to the others.

We were evicted left Denewood in '66 just around the corner from Highwood, old school mate, Terry Croft lived on Highwood.

Remember Pamela Soar having nice white teeth !

Pamela soar was very shy, I think. Think there was a family called Sharp lived on deneswood. My dad lived on highwood till about 1979.

• 2 months later...

Im sure there was a Soar family that lived on Pleasant Row Hyson Green I seem to remember a Patty Soar ,I think I have a class photo from Berrigde juniors.