Vic Centre Mushy Pea stall reopening

Good. Back to the real world at last!

I remember the mushy pea and sea food stall in the Central Market - what a joy standing there with me Mum eating them with mint sauce

Best Wishes

Peter

Hot pea stall on Central Market every time we went to town, and a newspaper cone of Winkles to eat with a hairgrip or pin on the bus or at home. Town wouldn't have been the same without it. Eileen, you reminded me of us straining the mint sauce for more mint. I hope the lady getting the stall up and running has a great success.

The last few times we went in the market, on our visits to Nottingham for Wednesday NS Meetups, we were very disappointed that the stall was closed?

Nottingham without hot peas, Good Luck to Claire Fisher.

• Upvote 2

Yeah and a bag of shrimps when you bit head and tails off before eating

Best wishes

Peter

• Upvote 1

Lots of little shrimps. Prawns were for rich people. I'm sure mum bought them for us to keep us quiet for a bit. I couldn't understand why she didn't want us to eat the eyes! I remember collecting all the little black eyes, probably counted them with my brothers and sisters to see who had the most. Well I was only five. I don't do it now! :biggrin:

• Upvote 4

1958/9 remember an old bus parked at bottom of central market that sold pie n mash jellied eels and of course mushy peas. you were served through a window or you could sit inside. Is my hubby going "funny" .