Is This the Demise of the Lions in the Square, or a Con ?

Just got this from our sons FB page from the Secret nottingham FB site.

Only a copy and paste I'm afraid but a search for Secret Nottingham and it should be there in full.

Real or a windup ?

Looks like there bad news coming to Nottingham folks!

BBC Radio Nottingham and Nottingham City Council have been looking into a communication from the Italian town of 'Flair Polo'. This was the town which in 1927 presented Nottingham with the Stone Lions which stand in front of the Council House in Old Market Square. The Lions were given by the people of the town to celebrate Nottingham soldiers who helped liberate Flair Polo in WWI. It seems that during renovation to their town hall, the Italians discovered documents which state that the Lions were not a gift, but were loaned to Nottingham on a lease of 80 years.

The Mayor, Signore Isese Diot has written to the Lord Mayor of Nottingham asking for the Lions back. He wants them to stand outside of their new town hall. We, (the Hidden History Team), were asked last week to search through the documents relating to the Lions, but couldn't find an English copy of the lease. However, the Italian documents are sound and have already gone to an EU Court for approval!

Oh dear Oh dear, hook line and sinker ! I didn't know what date it was, every day is the same to me. Bugger I feel a right idiot now !

I'll go and hide now.

• Upvote 5