• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nelson: "Order the signal, Hardy" Hardy: "Aye aye sir" Nelson: "Hold on, that's not what I dictated to flags. What is the meaning of this?' Hardy: "Sorry sir!" Nelson: (Reading aloud) " 'England e

I was at a railway station buffet and asked for tea with 'just a spot of milk', (I can't stand the stuff, only use it to colour my tea. Too many bad memories of school milk!) the girl then poured abo

Two weeks for a bag of Bics Fly? I make a single Bic last that long. A bag of 'em lasts me around 4 months! (And yes, I do have Scottish blood - from my grandmother's side of the family - and I don't

• 1 year later...

Went to Currys, Castle Marina, today to buy an electric shaver. Couldn't see one so I asked an assistant.
"Don't sell them" he said ". " 'Elf and safety". "I've never heard such rubbish in all my life" I replied ( I've omitted the expletives!)." I suppose that's why you've got that scruffy beard!".

I went to Boots at Netherfield and bought one - no questions asked.

• Upvote 3

Who Care's Boots. Care

I went to buy straightnes's from Boots asks if they could be taken out of the box to look at them.

Sorry said the sale's lady if I take them out of the box and can't get the back in correctly no-one will want to buy them, but If I don't know what they look like and our long they are I won't be buying them either.

Went to another shop.

• Upvote 1

The nanny state again.

Or perhaps more likely they don't sell them because there's no demand. Wet shaving and beards seem to be much more in vogue these days; I never did get on with an electric razor anyway, nor did my late father. Mum bought him a Philishave for Christmas once, don't think he used it more than a dozen times.

Bag of Bic for a quid. Lasts me a couple of weeks.

Cut lumps out Catfan! That's because of your blurred vision after too many Hobgoblins.

I'll stick with my Bics.

• Upvote 1

I cut lumps out of my face as well catfan with my Gillete G3 £8 ish but lasts a year,but its my 'shaky' left hand that causes it,.......also tend to take bits off me tabs anawl...........lol.

• Upvote 1

Or perhaps more likely they don't sell them because there's no demand. Wet shaving and beards seem to be much more in vogue these days; I never did get on with an electric razor anyway, nor did my late father. Mum bought him a Philishave for Christmas once, don't think he used it more than a dozen times.

I don't think they have fallen out of favour. They're readily available in all the supermarkets, Boots, John Lewis, Argos etc. Maybe they are a high value item that can easily be concealed by shoplifters. "Health and Safety" is usually an expression used as an excuse by halfwits who don't know the answer.

• Upvote 1

Two weeks for a bag of Bics Fly? I make a single Bic last that long. A bag of 'em lasts me around 4 months! (And yes, I do have Scottish blood - from my grandmother's side of the family - and I don't spill much of it !) By the way, we are talking of razors and not biros aren't we?

• Upvote 4

I always feel hot and bothered after a close shave. LOL

• Upvote 2