Just coming up to 4th anniversary since my wife (42 years married, another 5 living together before that,) died,then last sept managed to drop the 650 honda at about 5mp, trapped under it, finally lifted off me by car driver who stopped, no injuries apart from grazing of ankle, this refused to heal, (still have scab on it) given several courses of anti biotics, so many I overdosed on such and they attacked my liver, got jaundice which led to hepitise E, nearly died in hospital and care home 5 weeks, lost 3 stone, also memory, can't recall Christas or New Year, didn't know friends etc, (plus bill of over £600 when I got out) stll have 4 carers visit a day to my home, "banned" (medical) from driving till last thursday, when I finally remember the queen's nane plus year ww2 started and other obscure facts, (and via blood tests evidence liver had recovered (no booze since dec 2nd last year) sold the honda now have a 1962 Triumph Tiger 90 (like a moped compared to japan's revenge for the A bombs) oh and just turned 70!

• Upvote 11

Ashley, you certainly have had a tough time over the last few years. Very sorry to read that your wife passed away. We wish you well for the future and congratulations on your 70th year.

Well done Ashley, keep battling on mate.

Ashley, so sorry to hear what you've been through over the last few years but pleased to see that you are coping and fighting back. I really do wish you all the best. Keep on keeping on mate.

At least you've still got your sense of humour Ashley. Don't ever lose that. Hopefully everything is ok in RoT.

Sorry to hear that you've had a rough time in recent years Ashley, I thought you'd just gone off us. Get posting regularly again and take it easy on that new bike.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other, Ash - that's all you have to do.

I'm sorry to hear of the things you've been through but glad to see you back here.

Stu

Sorry about your mis-fortunes Ashley always enjoyed your Posts..........things can only get better mate...............

Ashley, don't forget to let me know the title of your book on the railways of Bulwell and Basford. I looked in Bulwell library ages ago to no avail.

What a story!

Welcome bac k.

Col

Its funny but when people drop off posting for a bit you wonder what happened. I know Mudgie has had a birthday last month and has been busy with his painting.

Pixie has disappeared also ?

But its good to see Ash back & running around. Watch out for them speed cameras on your new transportation.

• Upvote 2

I see Jackson at the Bilborough Local History Society. She helps a lot at the old church. She is very well.

• Upvote 2