Experian - what the hell is it ?

Whilst we're on the subject of house buying, here in London there has been a massive expansion in building.

All along the skyline there are cranes and high-rise concrete structures going up everywhere.

Now you may think that this is a good thing since we need a lot more housing BUT, these are not family homes designed for the people that live here. They are luxury flats. Even in the outlying parts of London we're talking about £450,000 each.

They will do nothing to address the problem of a lack of affordable housing, because they are for private investors, people abroad and 'city types'. Not for Londoners - who are being priced out of their own city.

We are seeing church halls, libraries, pubs and recreation grounds all being levelled so they can build 'vertical slums'.

In the 60's and 70's high-rise developments were eventually recognised as failures and pulled down. Now they are back on the agenda !

And what about the people building these things ? They are mostly Poles, Romanians and Eastern Europeans.

English builders and construction workers are few and far between. And all these migrant workers have to be housed and their social needs attended to.

I wonder if they are all on Experian's database ?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the next meet-up, we'll advertise it on this Experian thread, and then on the day we'll see how many shady, suspicious looking types we can spot lurking on nearby tables.   They'll all w

Actually, I don't think "they" are all that keen on folk who pay their bills on time, especially credit cards. No interest charges that way!

I spy with my little eye, a company called Experian,    It trawls the net, looking for, those it likes to spy on. There's hundreds there, at their desks, logged into NS,    What be the

On the plus side of course, they do employ several thousand local people.

Experian ?

Yes, I believe they are one of the major employers in Notts.

I'm sure there a lot of people there with degrees in Media Studies, Golf management, Harry Potter or indeed Mickey Mouse.

(Let me know if I'm being too flippant)

• Upvote 1
  • 1 year later...

Actually worked there for 3 weeks last year............and still none the wiser as to what they did.............miles of computers.........with miles of headings on each row..all jargon speech,........staffed by hundreds of Robots,who never spoke........drove me mad could'nt wait to escape the bleddy place...........only did it cos could'nt get anyone else to do it..............oh how the world as changed from half a pound of butter madam,certainly.,1/11 please.........lol.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

still none the wiser as to what they did.............miles of computers.........with miles of headings on each row..all jargon speech,........staffed by hundreds of Robots,who never spoke........

One of my nieces works there.  If I remember, I'll ask her why they exist.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Cliff-ton............she must have been the only nice one i met...........whilst having a smoke off camera............Camera's that was another thing,millions of em.............

I believe Experian are the people who calculate what your credit score is, as demonstrated in various television adverts which show happy, contented couples behaving in an annoyingly nice way whilst they wonder how much they can afford to borrow.

If Experian disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow, would we notice ?

• Upvote 2

Experian & other credit reference agencies make a nice living out of collecting & flogging your personal data, simple as that. If you don't like the idea then opt out of full details being published on the Electoral Register only the reduced version would be included.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you want to see your credit rating just Google 'free credit checks'. use a throw away mail address etc.

I remember in the 90's Talbot house needed to upgrade their electrical supply to meet the demand of the computers. We installed two 1200 kVa transformers and cabled them with 1200mm cable, two per phase (the electricians among us will know just how big those monster cables are) and two 11 thousand volt feeds for security. all this just to run a computer system.

They needed to shed as much load as possible whilst we did the change over so they fired up their emergency back up generator, an enormous diesel engine that even on minimal load overheated and died within twenty minutes. The guy on site told us that being 'offline' was costing £100,000 an hour as they are one of the major credit card processors in the UK.

#34..........Me too Jill...........the world of work as certainly changed beyond all recognition.................used to enjoy looking for new business in Security and the Grocery trade.......which meant more often than not,walking into premises introducing yourself and the company then trying to sell them your services........in short meeting people and chatting,...........now its 99% done on line.............just not the same.........

• Upvote 1

This just goes to prove (if anyone doubted it) that they are watching you. The sudden burst of activity on an Experian thread has activated all their algorithms, and they want to see what is being said about them.

At the top of the Nottstalgia home page, you'll always see this, which is a list of who is visiting.  On this occasion I noticed an unusual number of Guests - 94 !

experian_zpsv8raefly.jpg

Using a few admin tools, including tracing IP addresses, I discovered that 60 of those 94 'Guests' were on the same IP address.....and that address is somewhere at Experian. It seems everybody in their building had been looking here.

• Upvote 5

Is an algorithm a dyslexic's version of a logarithm?

Ye gods, did I hate logarithms at the Manning Penitentiary for girls with grey flannel knickers! Not a nice Experian at all!  :blink:

• Upvote 2

And a glut of anonymous members recently too. Friday afternoon, there were three bona fide members and three anonymous ones. What have they got to hide I wonder !

269 of em a few minutes ago! Sign up you lot and stop lurking! Let's know who you are and what you have to say for yourselves!

We're all honest, law abiding citizens on here...well I am.  :rolleyes:

They're hacking us for a ransom...... No, I'm NOT having a loan !