Experian - what the hell is it ?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the next meet-up, we'll advertise it on this Experian thread, and then on the day we'll see how many shady, suspicious looking types we can spot lurking on nearby tables.   They'll all w

Actually, I don't think "they" are all that keen on folk who pay their bills on time, especially credit cards. No interest charges that way!

I spy with my little eye, a company called Experian,    It trawls the net, looking for, those it likes to spy on. There's hundreds there, at their desks, logged into NS,    What be the

• 3 months later...

Keywords for visits.  I would guess their company name.  Any reference to finance or credit.

Don't know if you heard Equifax over here was hacked.  Half the population of the US have had their credit info compromised.

I resent them having all this info.  I never gave them permission to have my info on file but I know it is.

They are supposed to be protecting our credit.  What a joke!!

Probably a few key words in this post for 'em.   I despise them all.

The words when I was a kid were Nosy Parkers or often stronger language.

Too bad we can't block 'em Cliff.  What business do they have here?

• 1 month later...

How can you tell they are Experian?

Or is that an admin secret?  ;)

Such power!!!  ;)

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...

Damn Experian!  Our son wants to increase his mortgage to build an extension on his house.  He’s having trouble because he has owed Virgin Credit card £17 for a long time.  Yes, seventeen pounds.  He didn’t know that (he pays his bill off completely every month by direct debit) and when he spoke to somebody at Virgin they couldn’t give him any information either.    What do you reckon?  Bank of Mum and Dad to the rescue :(

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, loppylugs said:

They're reading about your conquests, Ben.  :biggrin:. Don't start giving 'em ideas.  We'll never get rid of 'em.

They'll be on here for ever! Ben's had more conquests than Maude's had hot dinners!

• Like 1

Do they actually get paid for this type of work?, if so, where do I apply? Can't be bad, flicking through various Web site's and getting paid!!

I'm sure they take a cut every time some organization makes a credit check on you or I, which is probably a lot more often than we think.  They certainly seem able to afford plenty of fancy buildings and computer equipment which then gets hacked. :(

Yes, you are right.  I'd forgotten about the charge for a report.

Here in America, you are allowed one free credit report per year, by law.  There are two other credit agencies besides Experian so a lot of folks ask for a different  report from the others each year.  Thus they tend to be free all the time.  Credit score is another thing and I think they all charge for that.