Experian - what the hell is it ?

I once went to my bank (Scotland and Royal in the title) for a loan about 15 years ago, and this slip of a girl as young as my granddaughter told me that they didn't like customers such as me who'd never had a loan, as I'd got no credit rating, yet I'd been with them since I was a kid. 

Yes, I did get the loan, and paid it off in a matter of months due to a little windfall !

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For the next meet-up, we'll advertise it on this Experian thread, and then on the day we'll see how many shady, suspicious looking types we can spot lurking on nearby tables.   They'll all w

Actually, I don't think "they" are all that keen on folk who pay their bills on time, especially credit cards. No interest charges that way!

I spy with my little eye, a company called Experian,    It trawls the net, looking for, those it likes to spy on. There's hundreds there, at their desks, logged into NS,    What be the

I went into my bank a couple of weeks ago and was asked if I'd be interested in a loan. I told them that whenever I need a loan, I borrow it from myself because the interest rates are much more favourable! Got a very puzzled response! :wacko:

• Upvote 1

It's their tea time. They've all been mentally programmed to do things simultaneously. Can't have any detractors or free thinkers there then !

• Upvote 1

#49. I checked my mattress the other day, Jill. There were quite a few rolls of the old green paper fivers. I subsequently learned that they are no longer legal tender, so I burned them. Sleeping more comfortably now.

• Upvote 4

For the next meet-up, we'll advertise it on this Experian thread, and then on the day we'll see how many shady, suspicious looking types we can spot lurking on nearby tables.

They'll all want to know what kind of person writes this stuff.

• Upvote 8
17 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

269 of em a few minutes ago! Sign up you lot and stop lurking! Let's know who you are and what you have to say for yourselves!

Gone up to in excess of 300!  :wacko:

17 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Crikey, 312 now!  Even Ben couldn't deal with that lot.

Only 28 of em now! They've all bu99ered off now they've been sussed!

When the number of Guests was very high yesterday afternoon, most of them came from one source - Microsoft Data Centre at Des Moines, Iowa.  I suspect they've been trawling the net in connection with the massive hack from a few days ago.

I spy with my little eye, a company called Experian,

It trawls the net, looking for, those it likes to spy on.

There's hundreds there, at their desks, logged into NS,

What be the attraction, I can only guess.

Is it Chulla's poetry, with its perfect rhyme?

Or is it CT's pictures, that take them back in time?

Or perhaps the recipes, that make their juices run,

Then there are the dirty jokes, and now and then a pun.

And what about JS's cats, is that what takes their notice?

Or perhaps its dapper Ben, cuff links and libby bodice.

Will it try to infiltrate, our beloved sanctum?

To get the inspiration that, makes our posting hum.

Perhaps they are Great Central fans, same for Corpo bus,

They must have lots of time on hands, to spend it all on us.

So I say Experian, we wish you no harm,

Go and haunt someone else, and set off their alarm.

• Upvote 6

Don't worry loppy, one fine day in the not too distant future, the South will rise again ! 

If I  won the lottery, Savannah or Macon for me !

• Upvote 1

Good choices, Fly,. But it ain't 'alf 'ot 'ere.  Passed through Macon but never explored it.  It's about an hour south of us.  Savannah is a seaport town but quite pleasant.  I've been there once.

• Upvote 1

114 'guests ' suddenly view at 3 o clock. Am I missing something ?

Understandable CT and Ben,best site around and they want a piece of the action

Rog

• Upvote 1

Re #65...... Fame at last eh ?

209 lurkers now !

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Why are they so interested ?.............any ideas ?

I reckon they are looking to learn what a liberty bodice is and the secret of your success, Ben.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Why are they so interested ?.............any ideas ?

Basically because we keep mentioning their name. They will have software which constantly trawls the net for any mention of the E word, and they just want to see why their company name has come up.  Like all threads, this one will eventually go back into hibernation and when that happens the E-bots will gradually lose interest.

1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Anyone who's a dab hand with a sewing machine might run up a few liberty bodices. Start a new trend. Ben and myself will be your first customers!  ;)

I make them in three colours complete with suspenders, unfortunately you have to be 6/7 inched tall to wear them.

• Upvote 1

That's you and I on a drastic diet then, Ben! We need some of that stuff Alice in Wonderland drank. Bet they didn't sell that at Marsden's! Perhaps someone at Experian can help? ...watch the number of guests rocket!! ;)

3 hours ago, plantfit said:

Walked past there today on our canal walk,place looked deserted

Rog

Rest assured Rog there would be some poor sod in there working for a pittance,while the high earners enjoyed their weekend off,......same at most places ......................

• Upvote 1