Notts & England batsman forced to retire

He certainly is Lizzie.......Tiny but so talented,thought he had a great England future.......feel really sorry for him.....

He was a great prospect. So sad, but at least it has been diagnosed early.

What a great shame for James and for English cricket but his health comes first. Hope he has a future in some capacity in cricket as he's such a likable character. Get well quickly James.

• Upvote 2

A real shame, but most fortunate that the problem has come to light before any emergency has developed. James, all the best for the future and I sincerely hope that you mange to still make a career associated with the game you so obviously love.

• Upvote 1

i go to watch notts regular and i was so sad to hear his playing career over ,he was just coming into his peak and was progressing so nicely this last year.he gave 100% for notts in all formats of the game ,im just glad james taylor is here today so he can bounce back in another episode of his career if not playing cricket.

• 1 month later...

It is such a tragedy, but not as bad as it could have been. No one needs another Muamba episode.

I was carefully watching Taylor as he developed into a test standard batsman. He was the most likely candidate to partner Alastair Cook as an opener.

It was great to hear him on TMS as another summariser, but he certainly does not have the quick wit of Mr Swann but if he applies himself to it he could be good.

• Upvote 1

Hope he gets sorted in coaching Mercury,.........and stays in Cricket,hopefully with Notts...............