That's how it still should be.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

CERTAINLY WERE catfan,............them old LIONS have seen some people..............my Great grand Parents thru to my 3 year old Grandson who on seeing them for the first time last week exclaimed ''Wow''..............Wow !!............Wow indeed mate...............

• Upvote 2

Absolutely FLY, as 'Mr Chumley-Warner' stated, "the Market Square had character". There was a definite buzz about the place, a meeting place for several generations and we all have good memories of how it was. Why was it changed? To allow wheelchair access was one reason ...... that could have been arranged without taking it all up and building a flat characterless open space. No, there was more to it than allowing wheelchair access! But I'll leave that debate for those Nottstalgians who dare comment!

• Upvote 3

Well Lizzie, you stuck your neck out the other week by mentioning the Mellors family.

Greased palms, back handlers and envelopes of used notes spring to mind.... Allegedly!

• Upvote 4
  • 5 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Used to remember when the Lions used to ROAR !!! would be nice to get our old city back, but that's progress as they say.

Went in to Town the other day and the old council house looked like it could do with a bit of TLC. come on you councilors spend some money on the gal. Lets have The Queen of the Midlands Back. 

Goodness knows what the Germanys (who have the Christmas Market) think of us.

• 5 months later...

I remember my mum taking me to the toilets in slab square when I was a child. They always smelt vile, I hated them.

Very Handy if you were desperate to spend a penny though.

• Like 1

Just had a quick glance through that thread on public toilets and it seemed to be only men who were posting…..

• Like 1