Margaret Joyce Crew

I'm trying to trace a Margaret Joyce Crew, who I believe lived on either Norton St, or Denman St around 1945. She would have been in her late teens by then. That would put her at late 80's or early 90's by now.

Does she have any family still living. I believe that she could be a relative of mine.

My reply to your post, FLY, has disappeared! I said that I hoped you'd find your relative but I wouldn't know where to start looking for information. Good luck

• Upvote 1

The site has been crap since 8 this morning.

I had a very quick look and can't see anything for that name in Nottingham.

Assume it was her maiden name ?

If you google "Margaret Joyce Crew" it comes up with a change of name by deed poll from Margaret Joyce Campbell but that is in Devon in 1947/8 so is unlikely to be the right one .

Yes David, I believe so. I'll pm you later.

I don't know Ann, sorry. I was hoping someone on here knew the family.

Re my post above regarding a name change from Campbell to Crew.

There is a birth in Nottingham in 1944 for a Patricia M.A.Crew with mothers maiden name Campbell .

Of course could be just a coincidence ?

Aaagh .....my message box is now full and can't seem to delete any old messages using my phone .

If that Patricia M.A. Crew born 1944 is any relation , she seems to have married an Ernest Dick in 1969 and later had a second marriage to a John E Tetley in 1983 in Nottingham.

Thanks for the info David, I'm even more confused now!

To confuse you even more does a Susan G Crew born Nottingham 1951 mean anything ? Mothers maiden name also Campbell.

No David, never heard of her. I didn't even know my own original name was Crew until a couple of years ago.

I am sure Ann will come up with more but I can't see anywhere a Crew/ Campbell marriage , thats why a deed poll name change from Margaret Joyce Campbell to Margaret Joyce Crew sort of fits .

Of course all this could be just coincidence and it maybe some other Crew. Getting either Patricia M.A.Crew's or Susan G. Crew's birth certs should provide mother and fathers names .

Thanks David. I'll probably end up ordering those two, plus another of mine.

Your surname is spelt differently on the registers . Extra 'e' on the end .

Edit : great Ann . Can't seem to make space for messages in the messaging system using my phone .(Away from home at mo) .

Now this is even more confusing! LOL

Maybe still in the area.