• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on my iPad,, too, nonna - didn't check if the same message was on the PC. I thought, wouldn't it be terrible if no-one could ever get on the site ever again!!! To lose contact with so many o

It would be like a sort of treasure hunt trying to track people down by finding clues/photos in their posts, wouldn't it! For all you Nottingham area residents it would be easier - Catfan could fin

I had the same problem about 1 p.m local. That would be about 6 p.m your time. I was on my Ipad. First though was that it might be a virus but somehow it did not seem like what I would expect of a

Posted Images

I've lost it several times in the last couple of hours. Annoying in the extreme!

The squiggle pin keeps coming loose in the server hard drive, causing it to grind to a halt.

Superglue it in!

Far too technical now, I'll stick to word games!

• Upvote 2

I tried to get onto Nottstalgia first thing today and it would not load. Tried a few times and still no joy. Got on with something else for half an hour then it was OK. I wonder if it happens when a number of people try to log in or look at the site all at once so "the computer says no".

A server on it's way out at a guess, servers are made up of numerous hard drives and routers.. Although these are far higher quality than our computer HD's, they do fail eventually.

Struggled to get on this evening. I keep getting 521 Server Fault. Come on Mick... Kick it!

Since the problems started, I can't 'follow' any more topics - is this something I can fix myself?

Keep being logged out continually this evening. 521 Error.

Is someone looking into this, or just turning a blind eye to the ongoing problem?

That just happened to me on Chrome, FLY, so I tried on the 'ordinary' Google and it worked. But that could just be a coincidence...

Normally Google works if Yahoo plays up, but not today. I have to keep resetting my hub. Annoying!

Been happening to me during the last hour or so. Thought it was my wifi. I just look at something else til Nottstalgia comes back on.

Same here, but I spend too much money on CD's via eBay!

• Upvote 1

Wouldn't let me log on for while this afternoon. Sometimes it won't let me log out. We'll see in a minute. Seems totally random. It can happen any time. Then I can be on and off for a day or two and never miss a beat.

I would have liked to go on the tunnel walk, but I wouldn't know how to nobble the system (even if I wanted to, which I don't) x

• Upvote 2

We are coming towards the end of our block of hosting. Unfortunately there is nothing I can do for 8-10 days.

And no FLY2, I am not turning a blind eye to the problem. I do not currently have time to come on here each day due to commitments in my family life.

Ok Mick, but it's been going on for weeks now and only seems to affect certain people. Thanks.

The current host now has very poor customer support, They may be trying to piss us off. I know we use a lot of CPU resources.

The may have capped our use?

Checking the Control panel I see

Resource Usage Overview
Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours\You have reached entry processes (number of simultaneously running php and cgi scripts, as well as cron jobs and shell sessions) limit 47 times

I've had a 503 message I think and 521. I reset the hub. Completely shut down my apple iPad and within ten minutes, I'm ok, but it happens about three times an hour