Maybe it would come down to using FB. I can't even write it in full. God forbid!!!!!!!!

If you are in a bind though, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

Say it aint so, Mick. Where are ya mate? :Friends:

Edited to add: Felt like the earth moved, don't know about the server.

It was still acting up on my Ipad later so I deleted all history, cookies etc. Now all well again.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was on my iPad,, too, nonna - didn't check if the same message was on the PC. I thought, wouldn't it be terrible if no-one could ever get on the site ever again!!! To lose contact with so many o

It would be like a sort of treasure hunt trying to track people down by finding clues/photos in their posts, wouldn't it! For all you Nottingham area residents it would be easier - Catfan could fin

I had the same problem about 1 p.m local. That would be about 6 p.m your time. I was on my Ipad. First though was that it might be a virus but somehow it did not seem like what I would expect of a

Posted Images

Haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary here in Chullaville. All seems present and correct over the last few days.

I'm like a few others here. I can't always remember what I posted so I wouldn't know if it went missing. :-). Everything seems ok this morning though. Seems like we've got one of those intermittant problems. I hate those because you never know for sure if they are fixed.

First I know of this

Nothing from our host? No change of Hosting?

If they moved data for all of their sites to another server, people continued posting prior to DNS pointers being switched, those posts PMs would not carry over to the new hosting once we were switched over. The site would then resume from the backed up database on the new server. Having said that I received no notifications from our hosts?

I suppose they have to move servers from time to time, if only to dust underneath them.

• Upvote 3

It must have fell off the table during the Jap earthquake.

Dont know if anyone else is having problems with google. I have a gmail address and just lately ,maybe a week things have been acting very strange. Unwanted emails I push to junk but they remain in inbox, then last night I tried to remove one and it remained but then I lost recent emails from friends. Looked online for info and it appears that google are having problems. When I first looked I got results for 2015 then typed in 2016 and got the result that they had problems with receiving, sending and opening mail. What is happening to internet is it ready to be pensioned off

Are you aware that Google no longer works with Windows XP or Vista? If you are not using either of those you shouldn't have a problem though.

I nearly always use ipad which has safari. Havent tried pc yet. Will safari be affected? Thanks for info I didnt go any further when I saw problems. I just accepted it and thought it would pass !!

Ps just thought my pc is vista

It won't affect Safari. My desktop which is a bit dated has Vista, Google Chrome and other Google stuff stopped working yesterday. I am using Firefox on it instead now.

I nearly always use ipad which has safari. Havent tried pc yet. Will safari be affected? Thanks for info I didnt go any further when I saw problems. I just accepted it and thought it would pass !!

Ps just thought my pc is vista

I'm on an iMac and I mainly use Chrome, and I also have a Gmail account. I don't use Safari because I just don't like it.

I haven't had any of the problems you've mentioned and was unaware of any issues with Google, so I it might be something to do with your setup. Do you have the latest versions of the various systems and programmes ?

Cliff Ton my ipad and iphone are both up to date but its rarely I use the computer but will try pc and see if anything is different.

Pianoman when using pc I sometimes use chrome but as I said before its rare that I use pc. Its slow and its in a position where I have to use a power point across the room so its not very convenient. Thanks both for info and help

Guess I did not cross my paws enough just got on at 8 local time. 1 a.m Nottingham time and first attempt at login came back with a "cannot connect" message. Second attempt logged right in. Somethings not quite right yet.

I lost connection a couple of times throughout the evening and lost a long PM which I had to rewrite as best I could.

Most irritating.