Roy Orbison : One of the Lonely Ones

Thanks, will definitely watch it.........

So will I.

I'm always reminded of this tale:...

Elvis was singing in Vegas or somewhere, when he got heckled. Let's be honest, he could be very poor in his later years.

His reply. " If you wanted to hear a singer.. you should have gone to see Roy Orbison".

:)

Peerless.

Col

• Upvote 3

One of the first records I bought was Dream Baby by the big O .

• Upvote 1

The first record I ever bought was Roy`s 'Only the Lonely' - from Woolworth`s on Lister Gate. He could really do a sad song!

One of the first I bought too Eileen.............dum dum dum dumby do..ar..............lol.

• Upvote 2

Got Only the Lonely and Blue Angel from the radio shop in Vernon Road, Basford, and was listening to him only yesterday in the car, with the Traveling Wilburys.

I went to see him at The Odeon where he was going to be supported by The Beatles - but The Beatles had reached mega-stardom by the time of the concert so the auditorium was full of young screamers.

Only the Lonely always reminds me of Beeston Lads club,in 1960/61,which we used to invade after catching 2 Buses,......and big Viv or Bev,who got me to Jive her way.............and still do on odd occasions.......very odd...........lol.

• 3 months later...