Victoria Wood... RIP

Victoria Wood, the comedienne and actress has died.

Most famous for Acorn Antiques and Dinnerladies. So sad. The funniest woman ever IMHO. RIP.

I'm not really one for commenting on celebrity deaths and there have been plenty of them in the past few months ...... but I'm really sorry to hear this, a very funny talented comedy writer and actress, another sad loss.

• Upvote 6

I was actually moved to tears when I saw the news, and there's not many celebrity deaths that have that effect on me.

Like LizzieM, I wouldn't normally comment upon the demise of 'celebrities' but she was a unique talent as a comedienne and for me, had the rare ability to make me laugh aloud and produced so many classic characters and stories that I would regard her as one of the few 'great' comedy writers.

• Upvote 3

RIP Victoria Wood, a rare talent lost....................Let's do it!! a classic...........................

• Upvote 1

I'm with you Dave, I still laugh at Dinnerladies, it is so funny. Victoria was a wonderful writer and actress. She will be sorely missed....

The good one's always seem to die young. The only lady comedienne who made us all laugh without any fowl language.

R.I.P. VICTORIA

• Upvote 2

I'm with Fly. I shed a tear when I heard the news - on this forum. Other than in the family, it's only happened twice before as far as I can remember; for Brian Clough and Freddie Mercury. Funny how people are affected, if at all, in different ways. Princess Diana is a case in point.

• Upvote 1