Prince...RIP

Prince was found dead at his 'party mansion & recording studios'.................age 57, what a shock, he was IMHO, one of the finest guitarists of the day RIP Prince Rogers Nelson

How come I started this topic off and then it was hijacked .....another mystery of a missing post.

Not quite....... :mellow:

The subject was started in two threads almost simultaneously. I merged them, and then deleted a few bits which were duplicated.

What a shock. They're falling like ninepins this year.

Ian, I don't usually criticize people who have died, but some deserve it, they having led a life of self-promotion of one kind or another. In his case I recall him publicizing himself as God's gift to women by being photographed (unappetizingly) naked. As for his music, to me he was just another guitar thrasher.

You're right, Ian, how anyone can say a lack of talent #14 when he has been called one of the finest guitarists of the day shows an immense lack of respect. It seems some think they know everything.

He was never one of my favourites but that doesn't stop me respecting what he had done. RIP

• Upvote 3

Don't get the impression that I am pleased that he has died - I am not. But this morning on the radio he was hailed as doing more than anyone else for popular music. Really? What about Rogers, Hart, Hammerstein, Gershwin, Cole Porter, Irvin Berlin, and many more, and even Lennon and McCartney if you wish? Compared with them he was nothing. And as for changing his stage-name from 'Prince' to 'The artist formerly known as Prince', a sign of his maturity?

When it comes to music I am very opinionated. I'll never change.