Prince...RIP

Maybe a more knowledgeable member can confirm that Prince refused to perform and release music under that name because he was cheated out of millions of dollars by a record label- hence symbol etc...

If I had written ' Nothing Compares To You' I would be one proud man.

It's just so sad that such an incredible talent (which he undeniably was !) has died so suddenly.

At the moment it's looking like painkillers were the cause of death.

He had overdosed on them when his plane had to land suddenly in Illinois last week.

Apparently he'd had extensive surgery on his hips in 2010 and had become an habitual taker of Percocet.

It's probably the wrong time to be pontificating on the over-prescription and over-use of such drugs, but too many famous people have died in recent times due to painkillers - legally prescribed or not.

R.I.P. Prince

Nice that Obama paid tribute to him,..........then he spoilt himself by telling us how to vote soon............

• Upvote 1

#7. I think he died of narcissism and lack of talent..... and

#20 When it comes to music I am very opinionated. I'll never change.

Seems to fit the definition to me, in any case, not kind words for the departed. Still, only to be expected, I suppose.

• Upvote 3

It is so sad that so many of our heroes are dying, and the most upsetting thing for my wife and I is that most of them are dying from cancer. All these 'Stars' are megga rich, living in mansions and can have anything they want in life. They've earned it so why not.

The only thing they can't have by choice is good health and, as they continue to leave us, it shows how precious it is to have good health.

I've not really heard much of Prince's music, apart from Purple Rain and a couple of others, but I do realise that he's brought much happiness and enjoyment to his fans.

Prince R.I.P.

• Upvote 2

It goes without saying members are entitled to their opinions.

Remember this section is entitled Obituaries and Tributes. I would have hoped it would be reasonable for posts within threads for newly-deceased to show a little respect, also some consideration for members who are saddened.

A little human understanding shouldn't be too much to expect..

• Upvote 4

I do agree with Michael at # 36 and I do sort of regret making an earlier post on this thread, I don't normally post on the obituary threads unless I am REALLY saddened at the passing of a 'celebrity'. I've never met them, their families and close friends are never going to read Nottstalgia either. But I made my comment in all honesty that I didn't know anything about Prince but having seen on TV all the outpouring of grief then maybe I've missed out.

• Upvote 3