9 hours ago, John the Yorkshireman said:

Part of my National Service was at the Royal Military Academy at Sandhurst where I made friends with Ray Larvin of the Lincolnshire Light Infantry from Nottingham. He said his family were involved in the fruit and vegetable business in Nottingham. The years would include 1961 and 1962.

I once went to find Ray and family at 26 Westgate, Old Basford only to find that they had gone on a holiday to Great Yarmouth. My Christmas card for 1963 was returned saying that the property had been demolished in 1963.

If you search for Larvin on this site there has been quite a few mentions of Ray.

2017?

It's not a bad year Jan turned 70, eldest Child in May is 50, Dec Eldest child's  wife 50, youngest son not yet there but his wife also turns 50, in April the middle grandson was18 years old in Feb.

What a year for lot's of party's.

When I reached the grand age of 65, master commented  "Never thought that I'd sleep with a pensioner"

Don't you just love it girls?

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just come across some photographs taken of Ray at Sandhurst in 1961. The first and second photograph show Ray in the middle and me on the right. The first photograph shows on the left a lad from Birmingham area who was also a police cadet. The second photo shows on the left Dave Floyd. The third and fourth photos are of Ray in a jovial mood wearing his drape jacket. He also had a pair of drainpipe trousers in a small black and white check which I admired. He lent me the trousers once when I was going home to York. Unfortunately, I couldn't bend my legs when I sat down in the train carriage, so it was an uncomfortable 6 hour journey going home.

The photos I cannot load on to this site due to a max total size of 0.05MB.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...