You Couldn't Make this Up !

Brilliant ! I think the enclave within the M25 should be nuked, and anyone wearing Bob Marley or Nelson Mandela T shirts thrown in beforehand !

• Upvote 2
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I volunteer as a community ambulance car driver and recently picked up a lady to take her to a hospital appointment. I greeted her with "hello sweetheart, going to the eye clinic are we?" "Tut tut" so

For any youngster reading this.   If you want a great education free and are prepared to work hard join HM forces as an officer.   My friends grandson went to what is now known as

My granddaughter got an award for "Being friendly to her classmates",all kids are friendly so whats that all about,

I remember my chemistry teacher saying to me "You are a cabbage and always will be a cabbage" how right he was

Rog,

• Upvote 3

They said things like that in those days because they were unassailable and knew they could get away with it.

I remember the head of the Manning telling me, because I refused to stay in the Sixth Form, that I would never amount to anything. My retort was: "If all else fails, I'll join the teaching profession!" I said it purely because it was something my father often said. Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach!

She turned puce! What happened? I joined the teaching profession! :wacko:

• Upvote 5

My uncle had a saying that we are all born stupid but the ones with any intelligence grow out of it. Obviously the ones who come up with the new style theories haven't grown up yet.

The PC brigade lot are burning the midnight oil it seems, I nearly choked on my tea after reading this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4722056/Government-plans-allow-transgender-pick-gender.html

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/pipe/news/uk/gay-men-to-be-allowed-to-donate-blood-three-months-after-having-sex/

You couldn't really make this up in a million years.

• Like 1

Not saying this is not true.  I don't know. However when I see something online reported by the DM I tend to move on.  Often their articles seem to be tinged with healthy outrage at some perceived moral lapse on someone's part while all the way down the right side of the page are titillating pictures with suggestive lead sentences.  There is a word for that.  'Hypocrisy'. 

• Upvote 1

#27  when I left school to go onto university one of my teachers said that I would not progress as a teacher. never said why but it was said with assurance.  Six years later she was introduced to the new history teacher ME. the expression on her face was priceless.  There were other teachers still there from when I was a pupil they all said it was their teaching that made me a good teacher.

• Upvote 3

Remember my old maths teacher , Mr Greenwood, ridiculing me in front of the whole class because this new fangled algebra thing we was learning went straight over my head ! did absolute wonders for my self esteem at the time, he told me I would never make anything of my life  if I could not understand such simple things.

Few years later at tech college I got a distinction in maths in my C & Guilds exams in electrical engineering, lots of algebra in it too !

• Upvote 5
On 22 luglio 2017 at 7:26 PM, plantfit said:

I remember my chemistry teacher saying to me "You are a cabbage and always will be a cabbage" how right he was

Ah Plantfit ,its what you do with the cabbage that counts. Pass some recipes onsmile2

• Upvote 3

Well,it's served me well for the past 50 years since I was told that so this old cabbage aint done too bad,

Recent recipe I tried yesterday was Plaice fillets covered with seasoned flour,pan fried in butter served with new spuds from my garden and sweetcorn from a tin,today is griddle pan pork chops with mash and cauliflower cheese followed by pancakes with local honey

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'll bring the pudding:( but on second thoughts  I dont think it will travel well. Never mind I'll send a piccie and , how many spoons?

Anyone from here from Brasil. You may as well bring the coffee and I'll chuck in a couple of bottles of grappa or sambuca.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have been labelled "Racist" by a certain group of middle class English who live in Wales. Why? Because I voted "leave" in the EU referendum.  The reason I voted the way I did was because I heard no convincing argument from either side; the result being that I decided to go with my original vote of the 1970s, which was "No" to Europe.  I was brought up with many different nationalities and find both good and bad in each, so I take everyone as I find them and don't generalise.  One thing I am not against and that is the freedom of people to work where they choose - be it UK or anywhere else.

• Upvote 3

The problem is that a lot of the world has a standard of living well below what can be had here without working.

I think most immigrants do work, but you can't blame folks for wanting to improve their lot in life either way. We must therefore restrict immigration to those who what to improve their lives and will be good for our country.

If that statement makes me a racist then I plead guilty me lud.

• Upvote 7