You Couldn't Make this Up !

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I volunteer as a community ambulance car driver and recently picked up a lady to take her to a hospital appointment. I greeted her with "hello sweetheart, going to the eye clinic are we?" "Tut tut" so

For any youngster reading this.   If you want a great education free and are prepared to work hard join HM forces as an officer.   My friends grandson went to what is now known as

870#   That's on of the nice things about men, they have absolutely  no idea that the female of the species is always in control.               I shall now wait for the "flack"  LOL

• Upvote 2

Just remembered i knew another Russian lady a few years ago,she ran the Pole dancing place on Alfreton road ex Spread eagle pub i think

Anyway a friend introduced me to her,think her name was Olga,....and she said..(.again strong accent,) velcome Pol,you like my sh,t hole?...we had a good night,took me all my time to keep the wife off the Pole,     lol

# 77. Gem.

No Gem my dear, the secret is to let women think they are in charge when in fact they are trained to do as the are told.Mrs C always agrees with me after a 20 minute "discussion"  of what I say.smile2

• Like 1

#78, There you go again, Ben, with your double entendres. What 'Pole' attracted the missus that night. lol

• Upvote 1
On 07/08/2017 at 7:09 PM, Jill Sparrow said:

No one ever died of hard work!

British colonial slaves? Transported convicts? Scott's Antarctic sledge haulers? :)

17 hours ago, FLY2 said:

Many are like downtown Kingston or Lagos too !

When I were a kid in Nottinam in the 1950s they used ter say: "Don't go down St Anne's alone, y'll get robbed - it's the capital of Jamaica."  Obviously total rot but that's how it was seen by some.

• Upvote 1

Re # 83...... Now, now Compo, don't be nit picky !  Normal day to day hard work is what the saying implies. Tut, tut !

#84. I'll probably get locked up for this, but I am reminded of a joke I heard well over 50 years ago:

A black man was walking with his young lad.

Dad. Why have we got such long legs?  Son, its so that we can run quickly away from the wild animals.

Dad. Why have we got such long arms? Son, its from when we used to swing from one tree to another.

Dad. Why is our skin so dark? Son, it because of the searing hot sun that beats down on us all day.

Dad. What are doing living on St Ann's Well Road?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

#85: No offence meant Fly :) - it just reminded me of the time when black people, being new to the neighbourhood, were viewed with a sense of trepidation.  I remember it was a fairly common thought that coloured folk lived on Kit-E-Kat.  That is also obviously total bullocks.

It was said that when the food inspectors investigated the then new Hong Kong restaurant on Arkwright St. they found tins of Kit E Cat on the shelves. It was the first Chinese in Nottingham. I always liked the place and was never put off by the rumours. I knew someone who went round Petfoods at Melton Mowbray and he was amazed by what quality products went into dog and cat food.

hey kit e kat is not made of total bollucks  its got a bit of beef in it as well

2 hours ago, Compo said:

#85: No offence meant Fly :) - it just reminded me of the time when black people, being new to the neighbourhood, were viewed with a sense of trepidation.  I remember it was a fairly common thought that coloured folk lived on Kit-E-Kat.  That is also obviously total bullocks.

• Upvote 1

Saw it yesterday. Unbelievable what offends some folks.

Saw recently where a store isn't going to put up signs for Feminine Hygiene products any longer, too sexist. Is it April Fools Day? 

• Like 3

I volunteer as a community ambulance car driver and recently picked up a lady to take her to a hospital appointment. I greeted her with "hello sweetheart, going to the eye clinic are we?" "Tut tut" someone muttered. "that's not only sexist but patronising as well"

I really can't fathom out how such a small minority are having such a hugh impact. To paraphrase a Wiesenthal  quote:

'For stupidity to flourish it only requires sensible people to do nothing'

Without inciting a riot I'm old enough to say what I damn well please and if it upsets anyone then tough, they can live with it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

While Mrs Red was doing some training while working outdoors a male work put both his hands on her cheeks (face cheeks) & said 'Anit it code' someone reported it he was reprimanded & soon after lost his job, it does not take much guessing who she works for?  

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Dave Clarke of "Dave Clarke five fame used to be a film stuntman before becoming a pop artist,appearing in more than 40 films (don't know what films though

Rog

The young of today, in an article of today in the Mail a university is giving all freshers a wrist band with their address on in case they get too drunk and forget where they live .  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4892270/Snowflake-students-handed-wristbands-address-on.html . How did we ever manage to survive the 60s without someone looking after us all the time.

PS    I only read the Daily Mail as its free online and in the early hours of the morning I need something to brighten my day.

• Like 3