You Couldn't Make this Up !

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I volunteer as a community ambulance car driver and recently picked up a lady to take her to a hospital appointment. I greeted her with "hello sweetheart, going to the eye clinic are we?" "Tut tut" so

For any youngster reading this.   If you want a great education free and are prepared to work hard join HM forces as an officer.   My friends grandson went to what is now known as

• 1 month later...

That article is 5 years old.

Just sayin'...

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, roger peatman said:

Correct - so it could be double that figure now ?

Or half.  Govt have tightened the rules.

But mostly, it's a DM article. designed to provoke a xenophobic response.

1 hour ago, jonab said:

Note to the stupid woman in the above link: If you want a holiday on the flat, don't go to the mountains. If you want a holiday where there are no Spanish don't go to Spain.  If you want a holiday where the hotel has disabled access, check with your agent before you book. What the f*ck is wrong with this woman?! Is she a complete tw*t - seems like it to me.  I'm going to the High Andes in November and will be at an altitude of roughly 16,000ft.  At my age the altitude will knacker me but I have the sense to realise that the term "High Andes" means mountains and will not be complaining to anyone when I get altitude sickness - it goes with the mountains.  I say don't give the silly sod a free holiday because she hadn't the sense to book somewhere she would like to be.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Its like visitors to a foreign country complain when the locals don't speak English. There's more foreigners speak English than foreigners speak a second language.

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Its like visitors to a foreign country complain when the locals don't speak English. There's more foreigners speak English than foreigners speak a second language.

Such as the family from Rochdale who I wrote about a couple of months ago. They were desperate to find someone who spoke their lingo properly. Rather than even attempting to speak French, they were in a whirlpool of their own making in refusing to do so.

• Like 1

Yer just etter shaht lahd an wave yer arms abaht.  Daft bo99ers'll  understand yer Queens English evenchulleh....

'Cept in Uknull.... ovbyussleh'   :laugh:

• Like 2

Well that's the problem gooin  abroad innit, s'full o foreigners 'n' all that rammel they is eatin right, no worra mean?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, IAN123. said:

I see the news broke their arse to stress "the alledged terror attacker today was a british national"...Grr!!

So the the cyclists and pedestrians run over by this evil cretin..have alledged injuries..why all this pusstfooting?..

I bet his name ain't JohnSmith.

Just heard hes from Nottingham

We are in shock as to the collapse of the Morandi Bridge in Genoa. Weve been watching news 24 since midday. We have travelled over that bridge so many times on our way to the airport. Its so sad especially now as the holidays are in full force. People going for a well earned rest and to end like that, so sad. The traffic in that area. ( l'autostrada dei Fiori) is tremendous always but at holiday times it gets very very busy. Strangely enough although the autostrada is beautiful I have always hated it and been a bit afraid. I was always glad when we were back on the autostrada to home.

There has been so many disasters in the last few months hope this is the last.

• Like 1

Nonna, we’ve been watching the news reports all day, horrendous accident and terrible loss of life.  I’m wondering if we drove over that bridge when we visited you, I remember we drove along to the Italian Riviera and then turned left up to you.  

5 hours ago, trogg said:

I lived in Uckna 52years and as ard as I try still cant speek it propa, kno wen wif wonts summat it starts wiv givus.

Me sister married won o' them 'Ucknall lads.  Eee wur born abaht 3 miles frum me.  Ah've never understood a word e' sed.  Ahh wus talkin' to 'im on't fone ternight un ahh still aventgorracloo worreesonabaht..

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nonnaB said:

We are in shock as to the collapse of the Morandi Bridge in Genoa. Weve been watching news 24 since midday. We have travelled over that bridge so many times on our way to the airport. Its so sad especially now as the holidays are in full force. People going for a well earned rest and to end like that, so sad. The traffic in that area. ( l'autostrada dei Fiori) is tremendous always but at holiday times it gets very very busy. Strangely enough although the autostrada is beautiful I have always hated it and been a bit afraid. I was always glad when we were back on the autostrada to home.

There has been so many disasters in the last few months hope this is the last.

Awful stuff Nonna and an undeserved fate for some.  I can only express my sympathies and hope things get no worse.

DJ360  since Uckna High Street has been pedestrianised it is just like being on holiday with the recent weather. Sitting outside, in the sun, at a café having a coffee, trying to understand what the locals are talking about as they walk past. Picking fault with everything about them and wondering why they cant be like us. LOL

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1