You Couldn't Make this Up !

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I volunteer as a community ambulance car driver and recently picked up a lady to take her to a hospital appointment. I greeted her with "hello sweetheart, going to the eye clinic are we?" "Tut tut" so

For any youngster reading this.   If you want a great education free and are prepared to work hard join HM forces as an officer.   My friends grandson went to what is now known as

Mah. But if you are allergic or intolerent to fish.........you BUY it dont you, its logical. Hope you all realise that its a dig.

Anyway Nixe brand is rubbish best to stick with national produce. EAT BRITISH especially where tinned food is concerned

I agree with Nonna that Nixe is not a particularly good brand. However, It is obvious from a health and safety point of view, that we must be warned that fish are fish and not pigs or cows or even cous-cous, innit?! :)

• Upvote 1

Fair's fair, though. There are people in this world who may have issues with the other undeclared contents - milk, eggs, mustard, or gluten.

It's just that Metro picked up on them not stating the bleeding obvious.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I'll be. A school in Milton Keynes (St Monica's Catholic Primary School) has banned the use of a whistle to inform the kids of the end of playtime in case it scares them.

The reason being that it's too aggressive and may frighten the children . Teachers now have to raise a hand, and hope that 120 children see it simultaneously, and stop playing.

Which ar5e wipe thought up that little gem.

• Upvote 2

Jesus Christ, when exactly will kids get into the real harsh world of disappointment, heartbreak, loss, poverty.

I despair.

• Upvote 1

There's a bloody patch near my front gate. It hurts, but it's effective. I'm now completely senseless!

• Upvote 1

When our grandchildren started school ( one born in Nottingham and the other 2 here) their parents were told not to speak to them in English as it would confuse them !!!

Now they are learning English at school ( although they do speak it) and the pronouciation is atrocious. Some examples are Apple is "epple" black is " blek"

." TH" is pronounced " t" or " f". I correct the children and tell them to correct their teachers but the teachers dont like it. They dont even speak english well so how do they expect the children to speak it.

Epple, blek . Sounds Australian to me nonna. I would get that knocked out of them as quick as is humanly possible.

• 1 year later...

Wouldn't have lasted 2 seconds at the Manning with hair like that, even if he was female! As for visits to the cinema, don't remember any of those, nor to anywhere else. It was all work, work and more work. Life was tough in those days!

• Upvote 3

No discipline or lack of, simple as that. Why set rules if no one bothers to adhere to them ? The rules say 100% attendance NOT 99%.

When my lad was young If I told him to be home by 9pm it meant 9pm NOT 9.01pm.

As for allowing her son to have a hair style like that she should be prosecuted for child cruelty !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

By the time the youngsters of today grow up they are going to be ill equipped to cope with life in the real world thanks to these stupid ideas. I have never heard such rubbish as some of these protectionist ideas. Life is not fair but you cannot live in a nanny state forever. It does no harm for the kids to learn the rigours of life at an early age. How are they supposed to learn how to cope if you don't expose them to risk in the first place?. The fact that my teacher wrote in red pen never bothered any of us and if we didn't pass an exam we had failed it. There was no fancy phrase used to avoid hurting our feelings. It would not be a bad thing for kids to learn the real way the English language is intended to be used instead of the pussyfooting cannibalize version offered to them now.

• Upvote 5

My English Language teacher once told me 'Don't let the clown of 5c become a clown in the outside world '.

I wasn't devastated, mentally stunted, or in need of councilling ! I just got on with life.

• Upvote 4

As my daddy used to say when it was time to buy yet another clodhopping pair of sensible school shoes from Clays instead of the kitten heeled, fancy patent pair in the window: "When you're paying for your own clothes, you can have what you like. While I'm paying, you'll have what I choose for you!"  It's called discipline.

• Upvote 2

Well said Catfan.  englandflag

• Upvote 1