• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Looking at those photos of Maid Marion Way brought back memories of Brentford Nylons. Whilst searching through some drawers recently I came across some of their products. Several sheets, pillow cases

Indeed. A much better looking building than the 60s monstrosity which replaced it.

Eric’s shoe shop was next door to Flints newsagents which was owned by my wife’s grandparents. The shops here did very well as they got a lot of footfall from Players factories.

#24/25 Before the Anglican church on Melbury Road was built, the church services took place in that hall. I remember going to a few of them there because that's where some of my friends went. When I was a young teenager, I started going to Mapperley Methodist again

• Upvote 1

The vicar/ curate at the the time was the Rev. John Congdon. (You can guess what we called him!) I was inveigled by my rather religious girlfriend at the time to attend his confirmation class. I went once and decided that the religious life was not for me! We went our separate ways.

• Upvote 1

I went to my ballet classes in that church hall - bet you weren't there!

I could have been Margie,best in my class............and ive Pirueted all my life...........lol.

• Upvote 2

I know the vanishing shops have vanished,............but just had to laugh to myself your mention of the 'Pase de duex' margie reminded me of the film 'On the buses on holiday'.........where inspector Blake is giving dance lessons with a Plaster on his leg..............lol.

• Upvote 1

Bullimore & Parker.

Steeples.

Wakefields.

Factory To Wearer.

Limeys.

House of Holland.

Big D.

Brittons.

Dewhursts.

Druids.

Cellar 5.

Orange Hand.

Etam.

Westerner.

Scan.

Texas Records.

Sisson & Parker.

Athena.

Situals.

Peter Dominic.

Spoils.

Parrs.

MFI.

Harris Carpets.

Smith & Englefield.

Flittermans.

London Boot Company

Has anyone mentioned Jeff's...............sold Mod clobber to us discerning teenagers, hipsters, flares, reefer jackets, levi's etc

And for the Mod girls it was Birdcage, Chelsea Girl, Richard Shops. There was a good leather shop at the corner of Clumber Street and Pelham Street, can't remember the name.

Jeffs in Arnold as well............cousin was Manager of it,.........Surgeys lane ?

There was a Canadian Fur Company on the corner of St Peter's Street and Wheeler Gate. Was there a shop called L for Leather somewhere in town?