Have they won a European Cup ? There's a lot of media attention

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done Leicester, but I am becoming just a little bit sick of the media hype telling us it is the greatest feat in British sporting history! Is it? Really? Wasn't there some other unfashionable clu

Yes, It's a remarkable overturning of the betting odds but, 'the greatest achievement in the history of sport anywhere in the world' ? (BBC Breakfast). Really? The team that wins the most points beco

#45 Worth remembering that Forest also won the League Cup in the same year as they won the League. And then won the European Cup (and another League Cup). And retained the European Cup. These days i

Just a small shelf is all that they'll ever need.

• Upvote 1

Trying to remember any great players they've had in my time..............the ones that come to mind are,....Arthur Rowley,Gordon Banks,Peter Shilton and Keith Weller....................

Frank Worthington, Gary Linacre ..... Mmmmm struggling now.

Yes fly definatly Worthington,...........and yes again i'm struggling now.............

Right then, who placed a bet at 5000/1 ? I promise not to send begging letters but it'll be your round at the next NS meet-up ......

My brother put a bet on them, but at Christmas when the odds were only 16/1, better than nowt though.

• Upvote 1

Oh, FFS, they'll muscle in on the celebrations no doubt.

Real rockers used to buy their records and have ceremonial burnings. Can't fault it!

When I used to frequent the Bingham and District Motorcycle Club Discos at the Whearsheaf in the late 80's, early 90's, they wouldn't enrol any biker whose helmet was adorned with imitation animal ears or tails. So you can only imagine what they thought of Shawaddywaddy. Proper rock only. No punk, no Glam except T Rex and Mott the Hoople. Loads of W.A.S.P, G&R, and AC/ DC, Ozzy etc.

Most played was Appetite for Destruction. Oh, Alpine lager too. Great nights!

• Upvote 2

Right, I'm not normally a betting man, but for next season this will be my treble.

Forest..... Promotion.

Rangers..... SPL Champions

Notts....... No, I daren't temp fate. I can't abide grown men crying. LOL

They only used 20 players throughout the season, and only had three defeats. Forest only used 16 I believe and also had three defeats.

The makeup of the sides were similar too.

Shilton, star player, Clarke, over the hill Geordie reject, Burns, aggressive bad boy, Lloyd, over the hill reject, Anderson, unpredictable kid. Gemmill, past it, Bowyer, unsettled journeyman, Mc Govern, can't play, Robertson, overweight, smoking drinker, O'Neill, unfulfilled and opinionated, Withe, roaming journeyman, Woodcock, unpredictable youngster. Later of course, Birtles, naive amateur. Francis, another unfulfilled career.

• Upvote 2

Shilton, star player, Clarke, over the hill Geordie reject, Burns, aggressive bad boy, Lloyd, over the hill reject, Anderson, unpredictable kid. Gemmill, past it, Bowyer, unsettled journeyman, Mc Govern, can't play, Robertson, overweight, smoking drinker, O'Neill, unfulfilled and opinionated, Withe, roaming journeyman, Woodcock, unpredictable youngster. Later of course, Birtles, naive amateur. Francis, another unfulfilled career.

Not a bad assessment. There was no way on earth that Archie Gemmill was past it though.

• Upvote 1

Worth remembering that Forest also won the League Cup in the same year as they won the League. And then won the European Cup (and another League Cup). And retained the European Cup.

These days if you win the League just once its apparently the greatest sporting achievement..... EVER!

Gerraht!

• Upvote 4