Leicester City Champs

I never get tired of showing this from Wicki. :)

Honours Domestic League Winners (1): 1977–78 Winners (3): 1906–07, 1921–22, 1997–98 Winners (1): 1950–51 Winners (1): 1891–92 Cups Winners (2): 1897–98, 1958–59 Winners (4): 1977–78, 1978–79, 1988–89, 1989–90 Winners (1): 1978 Winners (2): 1988–89, 1991–92 European Winners (2): 1978–79, 1979–80 Winners (1): 1979 Worldwide Minor Winners (1): 1977 Winners (3): 1899, 2001, 2002 Winners (6): 2009 (29 August), 2010 (29 December), 2011 (22 January), 2013 (28 September), 2015 (17 January), 2015(6 November) Winners (1): 2002 Winners (1): 1988
  • Nuremberg Tournament
Winners (1): 1982 Winners (1): 1982
  • Trofeo Villa de Bilbao
Winners (1): 1979
  • Upvote 2
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done Leicester, but I am becoming just a little bit sick of the media hype telling us it is the greatest feat in British sporting history! Is it? Really? Wasn't there some other unfashionable clu

Yes, It's a remarkable overturning of the betting odds but, 'the greatest achievement in the history of sport anywhere in the world' ? (BBC Breakfast). Really? The team that wins the most points beco

#45 Worth remembering that Forest also won the League Cup in the same year as they won the League. And then won the European Cup (and another League Cup). And retained the European Cup. These days i

Yes, It's a remarkable overturning of the betting odds but, 'the greatest achievement in the history of sport anywhere in the world' ? (BBC Breakfast). Really?

The team that wins the most points become 'champions'. It happens every year. However, there are many variables that are not in the control of managers/teams that introduce an element of chance. To enter into hysterical hyperbole about this competition - regardless of whether the bookies badly miscalculated the odds - belittles the very real achievements of tens of thousands of sportspeople - for example, all individual Olympic Games gold medallists, all World record-holders, alll World Champions, and so on. Sadly, the over -the- top congratulations, celebrations and heaven help us - honours - look like going on for weeks, if not months. What will the Beeb's commentators say during the forthcoming Olympic Games - 'Well that was an amazing run/jump/throw to win the gold - but of course, nothing like as amazing as Leicester winning the Championship'?

Leicester did well. Well done to them. Now let's recover our sense of perspective.

• Upvote 4

The thing that did it for Leicester, was playing as a TEAM. they aren't the most skilled players in the Premiership, but hard work and teamwork got them through. Plus keeping a near enough settled side. I never believe in rotation.

The same was at Forest in their glory years. TEAMWORK. Cloughie used to say "Stars win nowt" and it was true, and still is.

Even the most skilful players in the word such as Henri, Drogba, Bergkamp, Ibramovitch etc always have a great team behind them.

• Upvote 1

#53. My god! The membership of NS gets more honored. Not only do we have Errol Flynn, Meryl Streep and George Clooney; but we now have Clark Gable. Frankly, my dears, I don't care a damn; none of them are as good-looking as me.

• Upvote 2

Not many of us use our own photo now Chulla,............i can't be doing with it............lol.

I was contemplating putting mine on, but as I'm a nice young man, I may put you all to shame. LOL

Thats sad,as fly mentioned only yesterday he was one of only a few Leicester greats.........should have won many more England caps,but he was a crowd pleaser and did'nt go down well with the likes of Don Revie...........very gifted in the mould of Alan Hudson,Charlie George,Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh.

Frank was one of my all time favourites and a great crowd pleaser.

With regards to Revie, he set English footy back 50 years. Dire, monotonous, defensive, boring, tedious, violent, antagonistic. 5hit, I'm in a bad mood now.

Balls! LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Anyway well done Leicester..........sick of hearing about em now............glad they won it this year..........hope they get relagated next.............lol.

• Upvote 3
  • 2 months later...