Picture the Past have just added a large number of photos of Arnold and the surrounding area. In this link, scroll a bit down the page, and then continue for the next 6 pages.

http://www.picturethepast.org.uk/frontend.php?&keywords=DateCreated%3BGREATERTHANEQUAL%3B2016-04-04%3BOR%3BDateAmended%3BGREATERTHANEQUAL%3B2016-04-04&action=search&pages=32&page=12

• Upvote 5

Thanks very much for that, K. Some interesting shots of the locality.

I'm intrigued to know what the wording would have been where the 'T' is on the building to the right of Eassom's chip shop in Redhill (another shot below for comparison) That building as I knew it was Mr. Holmes' grocery store.

NCCG000738.jpg

Ref No: NCCG000738 Town Village: Arnold Location: Redhill Road Title: Easom's Chip Shop, Redhill Road, Arnold, post 1946 Further Information:

The Roxy cinema poster is advertising James Mason in 'Prison Breaker' (1936), as well as Red Skelton in 'Merton of the Movies' (1947).

Date of Image: post 1946 Photographer: Copyright Reserved Form of Acknowledgment: For Ken Negus (Mrs G Allcock)

Copyright © North East Midland Photographic Record. All rights reserved.

NCCC002374.jpg

My mothers family had the bakers shop in Arnold, Ellis bakers. It was in the building now occupied by Birds. I have the wedding photo of my grandparents taken at the back of the shop.

• Upvote 1