Topless on the patio it seems!

Last few days here have been below average, in fact this morning the temp was 42F, bloody cowd for this time of year

Probably right Dave, but we don't usually get it as bad as Florida, we don't seem to get many 100F days now in summer, not that I'd complain about that!!

Last sunday 10c today 25c . Sunday even coats couldnt keep us warm, today and tonight light weight clothes and not even a cardigan. Crazy or what?

• Upvote 3

Pretty cool here this morning, 42F, usually by now we have all the windows open all day and night.

In Bulwell town, with aching feet,

People fainting in the heat.

Tar is melting on the road,

Makes a change, it's usually cowd.

Leenside joys for John and Sarah,

Basking at the Notts Riviera,

Families play beside the water,

Mr, Mrs, son and daughter.

Ice-cream sellers make a pile,

So do pubs, the landlords smile.

Making hay while it's so hot,

Before the crowds back home do trot.

All too soon, rains dogs and cats,

It's back to normal, coats and hats.

Put away the sunshine gear,

Need again? praps next year.

• Upvote 6

It's nice during the day here, mild and sunny, upper 60'sF to low 70'sF. I've been in shorts and tee shirts for a couple of weeks, but have to wear a sweater at night. Came close to lighting a fire a couple of evenings back.

• Upvote 1

The change in temperature interfered with my exercise routine this morning. Had the hot sun on my back and then full in my face as I ran up Somersby Road. Felt a bit faint at the top! Bloody sunshine! (Yes, I'm a typical pasty white Nottinghamian!)

Shirt sleeve order here in Nottingham

Not heard that expression NBL since I worked on the buses !

Only in the summer months was it permitted to remove tie, jacket & roll up sleeves.

Ah yes remember 'shirt sleeve order' sunburn was classed as a self inflicted wound. With my fair skin & light blue eyes I burn in moonlight, luckily I got away without getting bad sunburn when I was in, just the top of my tabs, bit of soothing lotion sorted it. Since then I've lost most of my hair I burn my bonce nearly every flipping summer. SWMBO has bought me a hat but I forget to wear it..

I've been thin on top for years Steve, but I had more hair when I migrated to Oz. One summer I'd forgotten my hat, and ended up in the mid summer sun for several hours...Later I had a mild dose of sunstroke, not pleasant!! So be careful!!

I'm also fair skinned, but years of working in the sun has given me a year around tan, although it does fade somewhat over winter, but doesn't take long to get back in spring.

MapperleyMan, how far do you walk/run each day? What route do you take?

Currently in Shark Bay NW W Australia, been hovering around 26-28C last few days, bugger winters here again !

• Upvote 2

Here in Caithness the wind has finally abated after blowing for several days at gale and near-gale force. This afternoon I plan to take advantage of the lull and nip off up the coast to see if I can catch the Puffins coming back to land after their day in the feeding grounds.

Rain a lot of the day yesterday in Spain near Torrevieja . Sunny cloudy today . Spaniards in for a treat ....put my shorts on for the first time this year .!

• Upvote 2