The Weather !

Shirt sleeve order here in Nottingham

Not heard that expression NBL since I worked on the buses !

Only in the summer months was it permitted to remove tie, jacket & roll up sleeves.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Bulwell town, with aching feet, People fainting in the heat. Tar is melting on the road, Makes a change, it's usually cowd. Leenside joys for John and Sarah, Basking at the Notts Rivi

Last sunday 10c today 25c . Sunday even coats couldnt keep us warm, today and tonight light weight clothes and not even a cardigan. Crazy or what?

Currently in Shark Bay NW W Australia, been hovering around 26-28C last few days, bugger winters here again !

Ah yes remember 'shirt sleeve order' sunburn was classed as a self inflicted wound. With my fair skin & light blue eyes I burn in moonlight, luckily I got away without getting bad sunburn when I was in, just the top of my tabs, bit of soothing lotion sorted it. Since then I've lost most of my hair I burn my bonce nearly every flipping summer. SWMBO has bought me a hat but I forget to wear it..

I've been thin on top for years Steve, but I had more hair when I migrated to Oz. One summer I'd forgotten my hat, and ended up in the mid summer sun for several hours...Later I had a mild dose of sunstroke, not pleasant!! So be careful!!

I'm also fair skinned, but years of working in the sun has given me a year around tan, although it does fade somewhat over winter, but doesn't take long to get back in spring.

MapperleyMan, how far do you walk/run each day? What route do you take?

Currently in Shark Bay NW W Australia, been hovering around 26-28C last few days, bugger winters here again !

• Upvote 2

Here in Caithness the wind has finally abated after blowing for several days at gale and near-gale force. This afternoon I plan to take advantage of the lull and nip off up the coast to see if I can catch the Puffins coming back to land after their day in the feeding grounds.

Rain a lot of the day yesterday in Spain near Torrevieja . Sunny cloudy today . Spaniards in for a treat ....put my shorts on for the first time this year .!

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

How does the weather know when you are getting ready to do some outdoor painting? Brushes out - down comes the rain.

As they used to say on one of the children's programmes:

Whether the weather be cold

Or whether the weather be hot,

We'll weather the weather whatever the weather

Whether we like it or not!

Don't know why I even remembered that or, more particularly, why I'm writing it on here..

• Upvote 7

I had forgotten that verse completely MargieH! Thanks for posting it.

• Upvote 1

Rain ,rain go away

Come back on mothers washing day

Or someting like that

• Upvote 1

Whatever happened to those long, hot summers of our youth?............ In reality, I don't think they ever actually existed. Rose tinted is a nice colour.

• Upvote 1
  • 4 months later...

Brass Monkey weather is with us again.  Here is a photo of some barbed wire this morning:

31015847751_cb2f2a363c_h.jpg

• Upvote 2
On July 17, 2016 at 5:26 PM, MargieH said:

As they used to say on one of the children's programmes:

Whether the weather be cold

Or whether the weather be hot,

We'll weather the weather whatever the weather

Whether we like it or not!

Don't know why I even remembered that or, more particularly, why I'm writing it on here..

For the same reason that:

Billy Bean built a machine

to see what it would do.

He built it out of sticks and stones

and nuts and bolts and glue.

The motor sang.

chuckle a bang rattle ta rattle terator

and all of a sudden a picture appeared 

on a funny old cartoonerator.

How come I remember that from sixty three years ago and can't remember what I did last week?    :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Just got up to be greeted by the rain absolutely belting against the front window.

Oh well...... No leaf clearing today...... Yippee !

• Upvote 1

#13, Sat watching the very same weather conditions here in unsunny West Mids. Absolutely belting down, and we are sitting on the sofa staring out of the patio doors and waiting.........checking the forecast on't  puter, it covers most of England as well. Must go out soon, I have soaked and cooked 8bags of the black country delicacy "Grey Payes" and need 4lb of streaky bacon to add to it. Some for my daughter, son and partner, next door neighbors and us, and hope there is plenty left to stock up in the freezer. We'll listen to pop master on radio 2 and then must brave the elements, rain or not! :ohmy:

• Upvote 1