Steampunk ? What the Heck is That !

Me & Mrs C were having a day out in one of our favourite places, Lincoln, a few years ago & didn't realise it was the annual Steampunk festival in full swing that weekend.

Until then we had never heard of it. A photographer's dream really, here's a few pictures of ours from last years event.

• Upvote 6
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well today saw the arrival of the annual Lincoln Steampunk festival. we had planned to go tomorrow but decided last night to go today instead, the weather looked good today & blimey, it was beauti

Me & Mrs C were having a day out in one of our favourite places, Lincoln, a few years ago & didn't realise it was the annual Steampunk festival in full swing that weekend. Until then we had n

Mrs Catfan has thrown a slideshow together of this event. In glorious HD video 1080p @60fps in stereo sound.   So, as they say, enjoy !    

Steampunk is artistically very creative and interesting. If young* people want to get into it then that is great. It is a totally harmless idea. At its best it can be artistic, similar to Roland Emmett.

It is not like subcultures which have some violent overtones like mods, rockers or punks of the 1970s.

*Or for that matter people of any age, as it is essentially not restricted to a young person's culture.

• Upvote 2

I make steam punk top hats use silk/feathers and metal watch parts in Victorian style. I make them in miniature (dolls house) and sell at fairs they are very popular.

• Upvote 5

At the Lincoln Steampunk Festival there is a great friendly atmosphere with never any bother !

People young & old really enjoy themselves, with visitors from all around the world attending, there is quite a few from the US where I think Steampunk originated.

Last year there was even a Steampunk day in Bestwood Village at the country park.

Catfan

I would like it to be that I could make a better cup of tea than anyone else and this is the challenge. Its actually a decent and realistic challenge. No one wants a bad cup of tea. I hope they have subsections for green tea and black tea, and also tea with milk or not.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

Thank you Jill !

I took most of the photo's, Mrs C was despatched to the top of the castle walls ! (I don't DO hights) to take the view shots from there.

The slideshow was put together by Mrs C & she chose the (royalty free) music.

Under my personal tutorlidge of course Jill hellothere

• Upvote 2