Steampunk ? What the Heck is That !

Well today saw the arrival of the annual Lincoln Steampunk festival. we had planned to go tomorrow but decided last night to go today instead, the weather looked good today & blimey, it was beautiful !

Arrived just after 9am had breakfast in Wetherspoon's & then went & joined the zany, weird & oddball steampunk crowd around the Bailgate area !

This year was the best yet, 50k visitors expected this weekend for the Steampunk festival, continues until Monday night.

Went for a pint at lunchtime & found a pub flogging draught Hobgoblin ! Smashing.

P1050362_zpswnllly14.jpg

P1020225_zpsd9ieifub.jpg

P1020231_zpsjstx7my6.jpg

P1020195_zpsrpeyhozw.jpg

P1050343_zps6vhknnig.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well today saw the arrival of the annual Lincoln Steampunk festival. we had planned to go tomorrow but decided last night to go today instead, the weather looked good today & blimey, it was beauti

Me & Mrs C were having a day out in one of our favourite places, Lincoln, a few years ago & didn't realise it was the annual Steampunk festival in full swing that weekend. Until then we had n

Mrs Catfan has thrown a slideshow together of this event. In glorious HD video 1080p @60fps in stereo sound.   So, as they say, enjoy !    

Lovely pictures caftan, your wife has really entered into the steampunk spirit and looks very nice, your top hat is missing !!!!. I had forgot about the festival, we are visiting relatives this week so are going to Lincoln tomorrow hope we have as nice a day as you did.

• Upvote 2

Borrowed it for the day Paul, hope you wouldn't notice !

Hopefully it won't be too long before Mrs Catfan puts a slideshow together, I will then upload it on YouTube.

• Upvote 2

Captain (LOL) Archibald Wake Field. 

• Upvote 1

Brilliant pics Catfan. It looks as though folk made a real effort.

I was in that area near the castle last Sunday celebrating my birthday as my daughter only lives a few hundred yards from the castle.

Do you know the main thing I like about your pics? You and Sue ALWAYS look so happy together. That means a lot. Fantastic ! 

• Upvote 4