Now in its fourth year, my garden pond is maturing nicely. Here are a couple of shots of Marsh Marigold and the Peat bog plant Bogbean, taken at the shallow end of the pond, a couple of days ago:

This is the flower of the bogbean

IMG_6631.JPG

The Marigold is the yellow flower and the bogbean leaves are behind it.

IMG_6630.JPG

• Upvote 2
  • 11 months later...

One year on from the last post and......I have been having trouble with "Green water" recently.  Having tried many solutions I have now resorted to buying a much bigger filter, after advice from a professional.  The water is pumped out from the deep part of the pond and now returns to the shallow end.  I fitted it yesterday and hope that it does the job.

Here is the return area.  The water comes out of the broken pot.

34485797722_824ae79610_h.jpg

33805300684_ccac643749_c.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a little pond made out of a concrete cast from an old sink.  Each year I put a few tadpoles in it to give them a safe growing habitat.  Once they have eaten the algae growing in the pond they need a supplementary feed to keep them in good health.  We always think of tadpoles as being vulnerable little beasties but give them a chunk of meat and they go berserk for it.  On the end of the piece of wire hanging in the pons is a chunk of Lidl's stewing steak - just look at the vicious little boggers going at it hammer-and-tongue!

34553855150_c65f80178c_h.jpg

• Upvote 1

Nice picture Compo,it's good that people care for our wildlife,bye the way,stewing steak,is there any room in the pond for me?

Rog

• Upvote 1