Can be a bit complicated to play from USB stick.  Some head units only recognise USB stick in certain format (e.g. FAT32 or NTFS) or there might be an option to 'sync' to the USB drive.  If the MP3 files are in a folder you might need to use an option to locate it.  What make of radio system is it?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Catfan, with all due respects, read the article, you'll see where I'm coming from. The popup they keep sending has been "fixed" so when you click on the X, the normal way of refusing anything, MS Win1

I see Microsoft being sued over this issue, a Lawyer could retire after suing a case like this, I'd say this stupidity, or rather greed, could well end up with Microsoft going bankrupt. All that is ne

With all new versions of Widows it's best to let the dust settle before upgrading. If your PC still works most likely many of your programs won't.

Thank you fellow NSers, I'll put into action, your recommendations tomorrow.

Engineer, I'll check it out tomorrow. It's in a Citroen Berlingo multispace 2018.

As I read this I thought - 'he's got a Peugot'. Couple of years ago I hired a Peugot Partner van for a week.  Every time you turned the ignition on the blessed radio came on - no means to turn it off. When I took it back I said 'how do you turn the radio off?'.  He says 'I don't know'

• Like 1

Exact audio copy still works perfectly, windows

10 or 7..

DJ..That reference to, for 'audio only '  is a new one on me, I still have hundreds of genuine blanks bought over ten years ago..

Red book is red book, mixed media has been around for over 20 years..

Are these 'for audio' blanks recently purchased?

2 hours ago, HSR said:

Exact audio copy still works perfectly, windows

10 or 7..

DJ..That reference to, for 'audio only '  is a new one on me, I still have hundreds of genuine blanks bought over ten years ago..

Red book is red book, mixed media has been around for over 20 years..

Are these 'for audio' blanks recently purchased?

It was a new one for me too. The trick to understanding this is that DJ’s CD recorder is specifically for a HiFi system. It’s these that need the special discs.

• Like 1

As an afterthought BK you can't turn the radio off on some cars. Usually pressing the plus & minus volume buttons can mute some systems & if you are really lucky will stay muted after an engine restart.

Or simply turn the volume right off.

That's what I did CF. And fortunately, it stays muted even when switching on again. To turn on again, you just touch either volume control. Gonna have another cracking with a different flash stick.

Does the system only work with mp3 or will it work also with WAV files?

Has somebody been fiddling with Postimage? I don't seem to be able to post any pictures anymore. I can get as far as choosing an image but the next screen doesn't come up with the box of choices. I used to be able to click on 2nd one down (direct link). Any kind soul able to help? I know, I'm a pain in the rectum !

Not working for me. When I press the screen on my tablet, all I get is a box saying select all. I'll try on t'owd pc tomorra! 

On 10/1/2021 at 8:20 AM, letsavagoo said:

It was a new one for me too. The trick to understanding this is that DJ’s CD recorder is specifically for a HiFi system. It’s these that need the special discs.

Thanks for that clarification, makes total sense,

DJ, when did you buy your CD HiFi recorder?

Regarding disks, I recall those fussy buggers even being brand specific for recognition. (TDK, Sony etc).

What do you see if you put a disk in a computer? 

If it was me, I would be looking if the header could be replicated? on a truely blank disk..I have hours to waste!

I haven't used CDR's for year's, after about 10 copies used to get cyclic redundancy error, they were marketed to do 100's of copies.

span widgetspan widget

Much of the restriction with the Yamaha CDR is designed to prevent 'serial copying', which I'm not interested in. I do occasional Duplicates of CDs for friends, but as I've outlined before, that requires use of the 'Audio' blanks.

Exact Audio Copy has never been especially user friendly or intuitive, but once sorted, it did work.  For some reason now, despite me loading a new copy, it consistently denies that I have put a blank disc in a drive, even though it recognises both drives.

I mostly bought my CDR for digitising vinyl for use in the car. It is a very good machine which can also be used as a normal CD player, in which role it sounds good.  It will record from any analogue source. The contents of its hard drive can be used as a sort of juke box for casual listening, though my Innuos Server has superceded that requirement now. It can also be used as a standalone DAC.  I bought it in 2006, cost £500 I think.

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/audio_visual/hifi_components/cdr-hd1500/index.html

If I ever get bored enough, I could spend a day comparing digital replay via my Rotel CD 965-BX with its internal DAC, vs the Yamaha DAC, vs my Benchmark DAC 1. Then also a similar exercise involving my Innuos Server, with its internal DAC, vs the Yamaha, vs the Benchmark DAC.  However, I cannot foresee a time when I am likely to be that bored..as the differences between competent DACs are minimal and if they aren't then I believe that the implementation of whatever chipset is used, has been deliberately fiddled with to achieve a desired sonic signature.

Way back, the idea of a separate CD transport and DAC, held sway in 'high end' circles.  I had a very high end TEAC P-30  CD drive, for which I purchased my Benchmark DAC.

Over time, the idea of the integrated CD player returned and people in general started to reduce the 'box count'. I decided that the huge TEAC had to go. I recovered the Rotel from the loft and was pleasantly surprised that it was still punching way above its weight, and original £300 cost in 1993.

Next, when many people got into streaming music via things such as Logitech 'Squeezebox' etc, the DAC, re-emerged as just about the only thing..apart from poncy cables, which the user could alter 'to taste'  and suddenly the world, and eBay, were flooded with DACs again. 

Just as was noted in the early days of the separate transport and DAC, it is not unusual for some joker to put a mass produced DAC Chipset in a fancy box and make exaggerated claims for its sound.  As ever.. 'Caveat Emptor'. 

For digitising my LP’s I used my turntable via my Croft pre amp and fed the line out into the line inputs of a Terratec 24/96 sound card fitted in a modest tower pc and record the audio at standard cd bit rate which I’d edit into tracks and burn to a standard recordable cd. This was a few years ago but it was more for the hell of it, as an experiment as if I want to listen to an LP then I’ll play the LP. The only justification is for car play as DJ said. 

An indication of the depth we are monitored turned up on an MSN page I viewed earlier. 

I viewed this topic re recording and now have several adverts -  Technica turn tables (x2), Roxio DVD software and Lite On external disc players plus related stuff from Amazon.

They can't gain the information from NS so they must obtain it from my browser or Google... thumbsdown

It's not specifically aimed at me but it just feels 'iffy' that anything and everything I do is monitored despite  locking the PC down as far as I can

Alexa and Facebook seem to be communicating in some way.  Last week I was talking one afternoon about dysphagia (difficulty in swallowing) with my daughter in law. We were in the presence of a plugged in Alexa but we didn’t say her name!  The next day I looked on my Facebook  and guess what appeared … an article on dysphagia!   Coincidence maybe but it’s a bit of an obscure subject ….

I wouldn't take a lot of convincing Margie. Some time ago Samsung TV's were alledgedly spying on users in both sound and vision!..

I've used  many search engines CF but sad to say Google is still top of the heap.

• Like 1

If I thought it was the 'Gubbmint' monitoring my online activities, I might be worried.  However, it seems to me that our present Clown Show is too busy trying to make up excuses for stuff being nothing to do with Brexit..and hasn't time for much else.

I think it is just Google etc... 'data mining' and trying to target ads to where they are most effective.  That might worry me if I was susceptible to advertising, but whilst I'm not immune..I'm not as suggestible as many purveyors of tripe would like.