Another One Bites The Dust - BHS

See vanished shops catfan..................do keep up blimey......

• Upvote 1

To be honest Bubblewrap, even if they do start selling their stuff off cheap, I don't think there's anything I'd want, none of it is very appealing.

And, of course, this will mean yet another empty space in the lovely Broadmarsh Centre!

Oh dear. that's a bit of a stretch. BHS had an outdated business model and range that relied on High St presence when so much business has moved elsewhere. Sad and desperate trying to blame the EU frankly. It's nothing to do with the 'state of the country' that so many of us didn't shop there. Primark, H & M, Next, John Lewis, all doing well. BHS just didn't fill a niche any more just as Woolworth didn't.

Additionally, one of the reasons BHS couldn't find an investor is because they are all waiting for the referendum in case the vote goes to Brexit. Lots of investors will look elsewhere if that happens.

We went into BHS Broadmarsh only yesterday. Plenty of 20% off signs, but absolutely nothing worth buying.

Even Primark offers better quality products - at a quarter of the price.

Our neice works part time in town in BHS in one of the concessions . Could be Wallace .

I'm not even sure if she knows about the liquidation as she's on holiday at her dads place in Spain .

Might be a shock when she gets back as that was the main income for the family .

I've just been watching the Select Commitee on TV questioning directors of the Arcadia group - you know that company owned by Tina Green (!)

You would think from their answers that they were all philanthropists who were 'desperate to sort out the pension difficulties after the BHS sale'. Instead of asset-stripping 'suits' who didn't invest a penny into the company when they bought it and ran it into the ground before off-loading to some pratt who couldn't run a tap.

• 4 months later...