England's Euro warm ups

Hope i'm wrong but don't fancy our chances,..........England about to play Portugal tonight,forwards look good..Vardy,Kane and Rooney............but don't like the look of defenders........its 7.38 now.......so we'll see.

Learn't nowt............just confirmation we have no star players anymore...........

England about to play Portugal tonight,forwards look good..Vardy,Kane and Rooney............but don't like the look of defenders

Ironically of course, it was a defender who scored!

I thought Vardy and Kane were both disappointing tonight.

Who in Gods name told Kane to take corners. He should be in the box ready to receive the bloody ball. Sheer lunacy.

I see all the old commentators (in the professional and amateur senses) have gone back to being hopeful again. Gary Lineker was downbeat for a few years but these days he talks about our "talented" young squad and says this will be a great team. What happened to our "golden generation", the Beckhams, Gerrards and Lampards? Its the same repeating story of beating easy opponents in the qualifying tournament and then being embarrassed in the actual tournament. Are we really expecting to beat the likes of Spain, France, Italy and Germany with the likes of Cahill and Smalling in defence? England has no decent defenders at all these days. Rooney is in there merely because he is Hodgson's captain but its clear to see the team overall would be better if we didn't have to accommodate him. Even Lineker says he can't play upfront anymore. Kane and Vardy might have goals in the Premier League but they seem uniquely English players to me. How will they cope with foreign defences and tactics? The English have always been tactically naive. This is because most English players play and stay in England. They never get a wider football education. Meanwhile many of the foreign players travel from country to country learning as they go. I did read a while ago that two thirds of the "English" league is made up of non UK players. So it seems that our club teams are now basically made up of overseas players which surely cannot be good for our national side!

• Upvote 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Great win for our 'Taff' friends..............now then England sort the 'Ruskies'.....................i reckon 0-0..........

• 5 years later...