Muhammad Ali R.I.P.

May he rest in peace. And may those who morn their "icon" also recognize that he was both Muslim and black, something that he himself was most eager to make sure people never forgot.

• Upvote 1

Another legend gone.Many have nicknames but I think he truly deserved his "The Greatest".

He was only 74.What a pity he did not know when to stop boxing,but he did have a lot of false friends.

A great poet and a funny man.R.I.P. Muhammed Ali.

• Upvote 1

In his early days no-body liked him,he was the first to be ;Mouthy,they all do it now........but somehow we all grew to love him......RIP Mr Ali............

My memory of Ali goes back to the time he was in the ring at the Ice Stadium walking around with the No 5 board to show the round he would stop Henry Cooper,of course his name at that time was Clay.
My love of boxing goes back to a time i listened under the bedsheets to Rocky Marciano v Don Cockell, quite simply Ali was something else a man who grew and became "THE GREATEST" proud to be around at the same time. R.I.P.

• Upvote 1

And OH So Beautiful. As the man said " My only fault is that I don't realise how great I really am"!

Boxing is a sport I never understood or liked, I couldn't see the sport in knocking "Seven Bells" out of another person, probably because I can't bear any kind of violence, all that blood flying around, though I know the sport was enjoyed by millions, so i respect others opinions about it.

He was such a showman and many of us around as he made it to the top of his profession loved that side of his personality, even taking on and using some of his sayings. I even learnt to sing the song about him. Muhammed, Muhammed Ali, Floats like a Butterfly and stings like a Bee.

Last night I watched the programme about him and his family, and so glad I did, It could be the last time I will see a programme about him. I will now always have that image when I think of him and forever remember him with that cheeky smile waving at the camera.

Edited I forgot to add my Link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGhXaBLIBso

• Upvote 2

I was never a boxing fan, as I have previously reported, but I enjoyed his out-of-ring entertainment. However, four wives - he must have been a sod to live with.