50th anniversary - end of NCT trolleybuses

35 minutes ago, denshaw said:

I worked with Les Anderson at PSD, I heard he retired and went to live in Jamaica. 

Hi Denshaw,

What was PSD, as opposed to SPD?  Regards, Beekay. 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m utterly fed up with hearing about all these ridiculous and mostly historical claims from the sad ‘me too’ brigade of middle-aged/old women who no doubt lapped it up at the time of the ‘offence’.  

Well, now the PM's father is being accused of 'nappropriate' touching.   If I made a list of all the occasions when that has happened to me, I'd be sitting here for a very long time. Since I

Caught that 39 a few times,i was in love with a girl who lived at the Carlton end,.........mind you could say that about the 6,17,18,28,43 and 44 as well.....lol.

Posted Images

19 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I remember Walter Bell who kept that garage by the 44 terminus. I went to Mellish with his son Allan. They used to live next door but just over the city border in Hucknall. Allan introduced me to a few Bulwell girls who were not quite as ‘refined’ as the ones in Woodthorpe where I lived! :biggrin:

Now, there's a surprise Phil. I'm sure Ben would like to comment on the lack of refinement in old Bulwell.

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Now, there's a surprise Phil. I'm sure Ben would like to comment on the lack of refinement in old Bulwell.

The Bulwell girls were always very refined.......only swore if they didnt get a 'Pickled Egg'' with their Chips......

21 hours ago, denshaw said:

Coincidence there, the Les Anderson I knew in the 80s was West Indian.

No. I was referring to his time with NCT up to approximately the 1970's.

Was the main NCT depot located on Lower Parliament Street?

Purely as a matter of non-interest, my old driver told me that when he first started on NCT, the company would only accept ex service personnel,  (as they were used to discipline and smart appearance).

I'm gonna sue that foreman (foreperson) who called me a lazy bugger, back in 1958.

I've had 63 years of mental trauma and stress ! My life will never be the same again.

• Like 2

Well, now the PM's father is being accused of 'nappropriate' touching.

If I made a list of all the occasions when that has happened to me, I'd be sitting here for a very long time. Since I have a sense of humour, can give as good as I get and generally take life with a pinch of salt, I haven't been emotionally scarred by it but I can see the day coming when we will all have to sit at home, hands tied behind our backs to prevent us touching anyone, mouths sealed with duct tape to prevent us uttering anything that might offend anyone, whilst ensuring that we don't pollute the atmosphere with log burners, fires, gas boilers or any other type of device which isn't eco friendly.

Planet earth is/was a wonderful place but life is becoming ridiculous. 

• Like 3

I agree. Life has become completely silly. People are afraid to speak for fear of saying the wrong thing, even accidentally, and being accused of a hate crime. Why would someone drag up a bottom slapping incident from 2003 unless they wanted to discredit someone? Surely she must bring corroborated evidence before making such a statement. Show us the hand mark on your backside dear. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

I agree. Life has become completely silly. People are afraid to speak for fear of saying the wrong thing, even accidentally, and being accused of a hate crime. Why would someone drag up a bottom slapping incident from 2003 unless they wanted to discredit someone? Surely she must bring corroborated evidence before making such a statement. Show us the hand mark on your backside dear. 

I got the cane in 1962.

Surely that's worth a claim for a bit of compo ?

I’m utterly fed up with hearing about all these ridiculous and mostly historical claims from the sad ‘me too’ brigade of middle-aged/old women who no doubt lapped it up at the time of the ‘offence’.  
Like Ms Sparrow, I couldn’t even begin to count the times such ‘terrible’ things happened to me but then, as a teen/early twenty-something it was fun, fun, fun every day to be the only girl working with around 50 Design Engineers.  I enjoyed my work environment so much that I was there straight from leaving Secretarial College til the day I got married and left Nottingham. Nothing could have compared to the banter and attention I experienced.  

• Like 5

Just to quote a phase!!!!

This is life Jim but not as we know it.