50th anniversary - end of NCT trolleybuses

It’s not always the men who are the ‘guilty’ parties on these occasions. I’ve heard horrendous stories from a chap who worked as a sewing machine mechanic in a predominately female environment. A male hairdresser I once knew used to do home visits to style ladies hair. Some of the tales he told were hair raising! I’ve been compromised on a couple of occasions by married women but, as they used to say in the News of the World, ‘I made an excuse and left’. :biggrin:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m utterly fed up with hearing about all these ridiculous and mostly historical claims from the sad ‘me too’ brigade of middle-aged/old women who no doubt lapped it up at the time of the ‘offence’.  

Well, now the PM's father is being accused of 'nappropriate' touching.   If I made a list of all the occasions when that has happened to me, I'd be sitting here for a very long time. Since I

Caught that 39 a few times,i was in love with a girl who lived at the Carlton end,.........mind you could say that about the 6,17,18,28,43 and 44 as well.....lol.

Posted Images

Years ago I knew someone (male) who worked at Cooper & Roe in Ruddington, who were well-known clothing/knitwear manufacturers.

Some of the tales he told about life in that place were mind-boggling. Female workers outnumbered male by a considerable proportion, and took advantage of everything.

49 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

It’s not always the men who are the ‘guilty’ parties on these occasions. I’ve heard horrendous stories from a chap who worked as a sewing machine mechanic in a predominately female environment. A male hairdresser I once knew used to do home visits to style ladies hair. Some of the tales he told were hair raising! I’ve been compromised on a couple of occasions by married women but, as they used to say in the News of the World, ‘I made an excuse and left’. :biggrin:

This story is not complete without more details.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Years ago I knew someone (male) who worked at Cooper & Roe in Ruddington, who were well-known clothing/knitwear manufacturers.

Some of the tales he told about life in that place were mind-boggling. Female workers outnumbered male by a considerable proportion, and took advantage of everything.

I can corroborate the stories about Cooper and Roe. They were clients of the accountants where I worked many years ago. It was always an embarrassing experience to walk through the workrooms full of women. It was the same at Prew Smith Knitwear.

My ma would always catch a trackless, think that's because she could remember travelling on trams, which of course ran on 'tracks/rails'.