Hi, some lovely memories you all have. I'm looking for my aunt who lived in basford mid to late 60's. Her name was Brenda barnes, all contact was lost when she fell out with her sister Betty. If anybody knows Brenda i would be happy to hear any memories of her and if anybody know if she married etc

sorry, she was born in Bristol. In 1965 Brenda moved to Nottingham with her sister Betty. They had a falling out a year or two later. Brenda lived in some council flats which were pulled down and had to move. nobody has heard from her since. mothers maiden name is Rea. Father was called Clarence Sidney Barnes. he died in 1965, it was then that the two girls moved to Nottingham. Betty Married to become Hodgkinson, we have recently found her, but still searching for Brenda. She has two other sisters, and three brothers.

Rhia74, I've bumped this thread because I noticed someone (you ?) has asked a similar question on the Facebook - Basford page. That post includes additional information about where Brenda Barnes used to live. Would it be worth repeating that here ?

I had a quick look at this and could see the birth of Brenda J Barnes in Bristol in 1940 .

The only Nottingham marriage I could see after the mid 60s for a Brenda J Barnes was in 2002 to a Michael D Holmes but if that is the right Brenda, she would have been 62 by then !

DAVIDW, that fits with the additional information on Facebook

Lived on fisher street for a few years, then settled down with her boyfriend in some flats near Davids lane, Basford Crossing. (We believe boyfriend may have been called Mick (?))

I've just looked at this too and found the same. There's a death for a Michael Douglas Holmes in Nottm in 2006 (born 1944) - could be him, but Michael D Holmes is a very common name. Think the marriage cert is needed, to confirm, or rule her out

As Ann says , could be any Brenda J Barnes just newly arrived in the area that got married in 2002......but going the "whole hog" with the above info , there was a Brenda J Holmes living at Ferrers Walk aged 65 plus .

Also there was a Lisa Holmes . This was on the Electoral Register up to 2013

Cliff Ton, yes that was me.

I found the phone number for Michael Holmes, and they said that's it's not her.

I did see the one in ferrers walk but then lost track of her. it's almost like she feel off the face of the earth.

Brenda also had 3 brothers, (one being my dad) who searched for her but could never find her.

She apparently worked at saxby's for a short while too.

I'm confused now . This would appear to be the family notice for the death of Michael Holmes that died in 2006, that Ann found .

It gives the wifes name as Brenda plus daughters Lisa and Amanda and would seem to link to the lady living at Ferrers Walk . From what the O.P. says above , maybe it's just a coincidence .

http://www.family-announcements.co.uk/nottingham/view/3009790/michael-holmes

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

Brenda (barnes) Holmes, did indeed live at ferrers walk, however there was a fire at her home in June 2014. Then we lost trace again, but thanks to the obituary (posted by DAVIDW) newspaper articles about the fire and a marathon stint on Facebook, I am now in contact with my aunt, and her daughters. As it turns out, Betty and Brenda only live 10 minutes away from each other.

Thank you to everyone who spent time to look, and post their findings. 😄

• Upvote 2

Rhia, you are a rare member! You came back on and gave us an update to your enquiry, and a good ending to boot. Not many newbies come back on after asking for help, so thank you for that.

• Upvote 8
  • 3 weeks later...

Well done you Xxx

I cannot get a cartoon on here, can someone help.......

We've all got those tablets / iPads Kath. I'm sure mine has a mind of its own.

I can assure you that non of my spelling errors are down to my incompetence, poor eyesight or wayward fingers!

• Upvote 1