What do you call these?

Recommended Posts

My kids used to call them by both names Tip Top or Ice Pop. Depending where they bought them from. The nearest thing we had in the Olden Days :biggrin: was a Jubbly. Cor, I used to make some good slurpin' noises with a Jubbly. Tipping it up every so often to drink the thawed orange juice.

Luverly Juberly. :biggrin:

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just done a quick poll at our Bible study group about what the ice thingys are called and it was 6 to 2 for ice pops versus ice poles. So even here on the Cambridgeshire Fens, there's dissension. Fortunately we agree on many other things..... None of them (except me and Paul) had heard of the word sucker, though - they insist it's 'ice lolly'.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.