“Why We Hate the British”

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I too, have positive experiences in working with German - and other - European people. However, perhaps the most significant event that I have ever experienced was in Israel in the 1970s when we were

There are times when I'm ashamed to be ENGLISH, such as when they refuse to eat "foreign muck", or when they complain that foreigners don't speak English, or much of the xenophobia we are seeing at th

As many of you know, my mrs and step son are Russian. The news companies from both UK and Russia are very heavily biased in their reporting. The neo-fascist firms attached to the football clubs, m

That's a fair description of the Brits, but the next time Germany or anyone else invades Belgium, then they're on their own.

• Upvote 2

Me neither, I don't frequent places with bad reputations.

If you're implying that the bother in Marseille was purely the English fans, then you're incorrect as video footage shows extreme provocation and that the Russians were to blame by purely targeting Brits!

If you'd seen the footage of the old dock area, our fans were provoked an attacked by Russian and French thugs.

At the England v Russia game, our innocent fans were charged by the Russians. It was plainly obvious who the culprits were.

I am thoroughly sick to the back teeth of people with a holier than thou attitude constantly blaming our fans.

• Upvote 3

The article is total drivel and I wonder why it was posted? I have lived in France almost half time for the past 12 years and worked in mainland Europe extensively. I can assure you that we are well respected, especially by the Germans. Football hooligans and tasteless holiday makers do not represent the true nature or stature of a Nation. Unlike Mick I am always proud to be British.

• Upvote 5

It was posted for discussion. Its doing the rounds on social media.

I personally avoid holiday locations where drunken Brits (or any race) frequent.

And yes we have a reputation for it, of which we are sometimes reminded.

• Upvote 1

Depends on where you go I have seen no bad behaviour by English people when I've been abroad.

Mind you if you went about ten miles down the road to the next resort the place was notorious for the 18 - 24 brigade. noblue

Re # 9 it HAS been established that our fans were provoked. The BBC just tried to twist the facts !

Btw, I'm NEVER ashamed to be British. Let's get things in perspective!

I have never been ashamed to be British. The mainstream media seem to like to twist and distort events for sensationalistic reasons so I stay away from it. Every nation on earth has its share of idiots, but I have always found acceptance wherever I have gone. Brits seem to be well liked here in the USA. My wife was told (jokingly). You only married him for his accent.

• Upvote 1

There are times when I'm ashamed to be ENGLISH, such as when they refuse to eat "foreign muck", or when they complain that foreigners don't speak English, or much of the xenophobia we are seeing at the moment, but I've never been ashamed to be British.

A couple of years ago, I took my elderly father-in-law to a Polish shop in Sneinton. As he was disabled, I parked in a marked disabled bay which was outside an adjacent house. When I was taking the shopping back to the car, I was accosted by the resident of the house and told in no uncertain terms to "f*** off back where I came from", and that it was their personal disabled bay I had parked in. (There were no signs anywhere to suggest this).i

Not wishing to provoke the very overweight couple into a cardiac arrest, I politely replied "Alright miduck, I'll f*** off back to Arnold as soon as I've finished loading."

• Upvote 6

We keep being "told " that the Europeans "hate " us, but I bet NOT ONE of them dislikes the billions we spend abroad.

I think it's all supposition!

Who says that Europeans hate us? I've certainly not seen anything like that in my life, nor has my daughter - who's got very good friends from many countries. She's in Spain this week, then Denmark, Sweden, and Norway, next week, then Germany in a few weeks time. All of it meeting up with the mates she made while on an EU-sponsored student exchange in Canada.

• Upvote 2

I've only ever been to the US & when the locals knew I was a "Brit" I could not have been treated any better if I had been royalty.

However in Nottm this morning I was ashamed to be a "Brit" when a thug about twenty years old threw his rucksack on the ground after a muslim lady accidentaly caught his arm with her bag. The lady was old enough to be his mum ! & he was threatening her aggressively, very brave indeed.

He was most fortunate that I didn't let Mrs Catfan loose on to him,

• Upvote 5

Or Monty !

• Upvote 2

There's idiots in every nation, religion, family, city, town, village and even historical forums Catfan.

• Upvote 1